Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come both Wrestlemania's 15 And 2000 sucked so bad 15 wasnt all that bad if you ask me but alot of fans out there like to give it alot of shit but 2000 was a really bad show I mean come on having big show in the main event and a McMahon in ever corner was stupid as hell not to mention there wasnt one singles match on the card so I whould like to know how come the greatest era ever had to bad wrestlemanias

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Like every era, it had its great moments and it had terrible moments. But overall, it was just a fun time for wrestling. A lot of people tend to confuse 'fun time for wrestling' with 'best wrestling'.

you're a kid. your opinion means nothing.

on a side note you're an idiot for using 1 or 2 events for defining an era
Well tbh, a lot of the PPVs in 99 were downright terrible.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with 15, that wasn't that good. But I thought 2000, 17 and 18 were great.
like i said imo 15 wasnt all that bad you had

the rock vs stone cold

pac vs shane

hhh vs kane

owens last wrestlemania

and bad ass billy gunn vs al snow vs hardcore holly:D

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
WM16 is underrated PPV with underrated main event. the match was great except the finish, The Rock should have won after a year, it was his moment, hated this finish.
WM15 was not great but the build up was awesome, every feud and the product was so hot at that time that it was fine, Rock/Austin was a great match.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Like every era, it had its great moments and it had terrible moments. But overall, it was just a fun time for wrestling. A lot of people tend to confuse 'fun time for wrestling' with 'best wrestling'.

Well tbh, a lot of the PPVs in 99 were downright terrible.

Hahahaha IWC strikes again

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WM16 is underrated PPV with underrated main event. the match was great except the finish, The Rock should have won after a year, it was his moment, hated this finish.
WM15 was not great but the build up was awesome, every feud and the product was so hot at that time that it was fine, Rock/Austin was a great match.
I think Wm 16 should have just been The Rock Vs HHH leave out the big show and mick foley

·
Banned
452 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Wrestlemania 15 was awful. That show was everything people hate about Vince Russo.

1999 was a shitty year. Things in the Attitude Era didn't start getting good from an in-ring standpoint until Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, and Angle arrived.

I think Wrestlemania 2000 was more unmemorable than bad. Nothing of any importance happened at that show with the exception of the Ladder Match.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The Attitude Era wasn't popular because of the actual wrestling. That's why I kind of laugh when I hear people say how awful the matches were. That wasn't the point. Wrestling wasn't the focus of the shows back then and you know what? It worked for them. The storylines, the over the top gimmicks and things like Austin driving a beer truck down to the ring or Undertaker sacrificing people in his Ministry of Darkness group is what made The Attitude Era so memorable and entertaining.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wrestlemania 15 was awful. That show was everything people hate about Vince Russo.

1999 was a shitty year. Things in the Attitude Era didn't start getting good from an in-ring standpoint until Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, and Angle arrived.

I think Wrestlemania 2000 was more unmemorable than bad. Nothing of any importance happened at that show with the exception of the Ladder Match.
only 3 things sucked about wm 15

sable vs tori

butterbean vs bart gunn

and nobody didnt know this was gonna be owens last wrestlemania but really a tag team match against D lo and test?? by this time imo owen should have been in the main events just think how great it whould have been owen vs austin in the main event or if shawn never got hurt owen vs shawn in the main event :D

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Why it was better is obvious if you actually watched it back then.

A typical random segment from a random episode of Raw from back then was either more interesting or just as interesting as the best segment of the MONTH usually nowadays.

I'll prove it. Here's a promo by a midcarder that doesn't even involve other wrestlers. The promo is followed up by a match, then ANOTHER promo which is really good too. Neither promo even involved a second wrestler. They just worked the crowd and it was interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vadJOH5I0

Skip the boring Mr. Perfect part. And listen to the crowd pops during both Val Venis and Stone Cold's promos. Val Venis literally got more popped than John Cena does now. And he was basically a low carder.

So yeah. It's not about one or two events, it's about the overall quality. That is just a random ass Raw segment, and look how good it was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wrestlemania 15 was a great attitude era PPV with austin vs the rock defining it. I've been watching an online stream of all the attitude eras raw, smackdown, and PPVS for nostalgia, it was completely different to what it is now, everyone was over back then and everyone had something worthwhile going for them.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The only match I would have changed on WM16s card was Kane and Rikishi vs X PAC and Road dogg. I heard that Kane wrestled with a broken hand for the match so I guess maybe that's why they made it a tag match. But it just seemed like a bad finish to a great feud (Kane/X Pac). They should have saved the no dq match from no way out for WM. But oh well.

Only other thing I would have changed was have a different match open the show. Maybe the 6 person tag team match. The match that opened had a great entrance with Ice T rapping but the match was too much of a filler match to be the opener.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Wrestlemania 2000 wasn't that good you are right but just go and watch EVERY other PPV from the exact same year and it blows anything in the past 7 or so years in my opinion.

I've been watching every Raw from 1997 building up to the Attitude Era and it really is awesome, it's great how the beginning of 1997 was family oriented crowds, poor staging etc. and how it changes round about March to a titantron for the first time and the crowds getting louder and louder.

The Hart Foundations pop in Canada is one of the loudest I have ever heard, I couldn't even hear them on the microphone ffs. The way Raw's were laid out back then was so good, they did everything in a specific order to keep the crowds interested and on their feet cheering.

It's something I'd love to do, sit the WWE creative and Vince McMahon down and show them tapes of 1997 to 2001.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts