Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it , we all want to see sting have at least one run in the WWE even though the guy is 50 plus now he can still go in the ring believe it or not . His Mic skills have never been better his commissioner run in TNA was amazing not to mention his joker gimmick . But how would you book him ? would you put him straight into a feud with cena or would you save that for the road to Wrestlemania ?

By the way it's in the wwe raw forum because it's obvious if they did sign him he would be coming to raw

·
Banned
390 Posts
None of the casual fans even know who he is. Sting is not a draw, never was. he is 50+, cant wrestle for shit, washed up has been who thinks he is a big deal.

WWE doesnt even care about him. He can stay in that shithole TNA forever.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
oh gosh not Cena. Cena doesn't need to be in every major feud with returning (well in this case, debuting) legends. Give the rub to someone else but not Cena.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
None of the casual fans even know who he is. Sting is not a draw, never was. he is 50+, cant wrestle for shit, washed up has been who thinks he is a big deal.

Who's Albert?

WWE wouldn't need to worry about drawing casuals for WM29. It's pretty much a lock in that Austin/Brock/Rock will be involved, atleast one of them wouldn't miss a hefty paycheck. Taker can face Gunner Scott and WM would still draw if any of those three are on the card.

Out of everybody in the wrestling industry today (including inactives), there are around five guys who are big enough for Taker to face, Sting being one of them.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Sting comes back its for one reason to face The Undertaker, there is nobody else them two guys need to face.
They dont need building they simply just need to be kept apart with a few intense promos and let them got at each other at Mania.

If it does happen in the next 3 years then it will and should never happen.

In my opinion Sting needs to swallow his pride and do what he has nearly done 10 times and do it to complete his legacy. He made way too much of a big thing about not coming to the WWE and instead wastes himself near the end of his career having to squash Jeff Hardy drugged up at TNA's big PPV.

I have no problem with TNA or WCW.

But I wouldn't want to look back over my career and say I never performed at the biggest Wrestling stage in the world in front of million and won the WWE championship or Wrestlemania. He wanted to do it WWE wants him to do it, fans want him to do it, so just do it already.

Mostly all major Wrestlers have tried WWE at one point and can look back and say they performed at the number one company.

Its like being the best in your sport but turning down Olympics, World Cup, Superbowl. It makes no logical sense to do so, especially when he is no longer in WCW with in ring years ahead of him whilst WCW is winning the ratings war.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts

Every thread I go on your there talking total nonsense.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
It's all about timing, but the one thing alot of us want to see is Sting vs Taker at WM. Give him a HOF spot, and that one match. Sting even said he was tempted last year. Sting doesnt do long runs in TNA, so I cant imagine him doing a long run in WWE. Just have him interrupt taker in his return after EC promo, by just walking into the ring in black leather coat and Crow paint. Slowly pointing the baseball bat at a WM sign, and bingo. Then you show videos of his WCW work, next week. Then let them cut a couple of creppy promos. It would epic, but I dont think it will happen.

·
Banned
390 Posts
WWE wouldn't need to worry about drawing casuals for WM29. It's pretty much a lock in that Austin/Brock/Rock will be involved, atleast one of them wouldn't miss a hefty paycheck. Taker can face Gunner Scott and WM would still draw if any of those three are on the card.
True but if thats the case why would WWE want to sign sting, who obviously is going to demand a good amount of money, to the roster??

Out of everybody in the wrestling industry today (including inactives), there are around five guys who are big enough for Taker to face, Sting being one of them.
Taker has faced everyone he could face (except cena/brock/Rock) with whom he could draw big money. Sting is not one of them becuase the casual fans dont have a clue who he is.

Sting is big only to the Internet fans.

Every thread I go on your there talking total nonsense.
How is it nonsense when its the truth?

Plz tell me how big of a draw Sting is outside wrestling world?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Sting should be the mysteries character he was in WCW 97, coming out of nowhere on random segment, killing people and disappear, then in the main event segment after a few weeks, comes out and challenges Taker for WM. Then you do the "dark mind games" from both sides, every week someone else gets the upper hand. Huge money match, amazing that Sting, a top 10 wrestlers of all time material was never in WWE, if he wants to go to WWE in 2013-2014 he can chose Rock or Taker for a WM main event, how the hell you turn down something like that? Sting said a few years that if he can one guy in wrestling history to be his retirement match it will be Rock, and Rock said that his dream main event is Savage or Sting. I lost hope after April 2011 but you never know in wrestling.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I would write him off the show.

Reactions: Jumpluff

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Undertaker beats Cena at Wrestlemania.
Fireworks going off massive party / celebrations.
They say he has done it all, there is no one else to beat.

Then a darkness falls, pure silence in the arena.

When Undertaker points the the wrestlemania sign, with 21-0 next to it....

You see sting peering over the sign with his bat in hand.
As he stares at the undertaker Mania ends........

Year long feud to follow, with blood, carnage and epic battles.

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
Who's Albert?

I don't know why people think this but NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sting is a nobody and way way way past his prime.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Sting was a big draw. One of the most over superstars of the Monday Night Wars era just behind Austin, Rock and Goldberg. And he's also a consistently solid in ring performer especially during the early 90's.

But that was then. He already missed the boat a long time ago.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Undertaker beats Cena at Wrestlemania.
Fireworks going off massive party / celebrations.
They say he has done it all, there is no one else to beat.

Then a darkness falls, pure silence in the arena.

When Undertaker points the the wrestlemania sign, with 21-0 next to it....

You see sting peering over the sign with his bat in hand.
As he stares at the undertaker Mania ends........

Year long feud to follow, with blood, carnage and epic battles.
This would be pretty solid. I'd mark like a little girl. This feud should be booked as a WCW vs. WWE match. Lots of video promos about how Sting and the WCW almost brought down the WWE and it very easily could have been Sting taking the mantle of "The Phenom" if things had gone differently. Have Sting attack most of the WWE roster, focusing on the older talent who was around in those days in a similar way as he did the NWO (Jericho, Cena, Show, Henry, etc.). Give him a few big matches at SummerSlam or other PPVs with the talent.

I wouldn't have Sting talk though, I always thought he was at his best when he's more of a silent stalker. I'd also throw some kind of a stipulation on the match with the Undertaker to put some doubt as to who the victor would be. Maybe if Sting wins he gets placed in the HoF, otherwise he never will be or have Taker announce he will not retire until he loses a match at Wrestlemania, something like that.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Taker has faced everyone he could face (except cena/brock/Rock) with whom he could draw big money. Sting is not one of them becuase the casual fans dont have a clue who he is.

Sting is big only to the Internet fans.
WTF makes you think that casual fans don't know him? I guess being one of the biggest stars during the biggest era in wrestling makes you an internet darling. Sting is not Davey Richards or Low Ki. He's FUCKING STING. He's not some internet sensation. Sting is one of the most iconic wrestlers of all time. There is not chance in hell that no one would know him. :no:

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
WTF makes you think that casual fans don't know him? I guess being one of the biggest stars, during the biggest era in wrestling makes you an internet darling. Sting is not Davey Richards or Low Ki. He's FUCKING STING. He's not some internet sensation. Sting is one of the most iconic wrestlers of all time. There is not chance in hell that no one would know him. :no:
Ask a casual who they liked from WCW or a non wrestling fan to list wrestlers nobody will say Sting.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Ask a casual who they liked from WCW or a non wrestling fan to list wrestlers nobody will say Sting.
I guess you go around asking random people about wrestling, so you would know this? Sure he is not a pop culture icon like Hogan, Savage, or Rock, but he was just as big as HHH, Undertaker, or HBK. None of those three are pop culture icons, but in the wrestling world they are considered icons, and Sting is right there with them in terms of popularity. Sting was the biggest thing in WCW after Goldberg. There is no way that casuals wouldn't at least recognize him.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sting is known outside the wrestling world, Now im not saying hes a Hogan or Austin but he IS known.
Your stupid if you say he isn't.

I would have him feud with Cena or Taker, anyone else would be a waste of time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts