Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
will all the people who said back in the Fastlane buildup "Daniel Bryan has his moment last year, give some new a chance" say the same thing about Reigns?
Probably not. Not that anyone else would be around to hear them even if they did though. If Reigns main events next year's Mania, the vast majority of people will stop watching the show entirely. He's a ratings killer, and I can't even imagine how much he'll kill them in an entire year.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
If he does, he'll probably still be a face (fpalm) and facing Cena.

I hope he's a heel, not main eventing but facing The Rock. Maybe WM 32 will belong to Seth Rollins :rollins

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
What kind of mental giant would say "Daniel Bryan has his moment last year, give some new a chance" ??

Have people seen wrestling?? I am pretty sure Hulk Hogan main evented like 500 pay per views over the course of a decade.....in two different companies none the less.
You're new here or possibly a rejoiner.

Every excuse was given as to why Bryan shouldn't main event again. Mostly from fans of a certain someone. I saw Bryan getting compared to Cena, he shouldn't face Brock because he just came back from a severe neck injury and the he main evented last year so give it someone new.

The story wrote itself, but Vince and some people here would rather read a bad story written in crayon over an amazing piece of literature.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
You're new here or possibly a rejoiner.

Every excuse was given as to why Bryan shouldn't main event again. Mostly from fans of a certain someone. I saw Bryan getting compared to Cena, he shouldn't face Brock because he just came back from a severe neck injury and the he main evented last year so give it someone new.

The story wrote itself, but Vince and some people here would rather read a bad story written in crayon over an amazing piece of literature.
I see.

Usually any wrestler in a top spot maintains it for at least three or so years.

The weird thing about Bryan is that he only was really at "the top" for like one month. He pulled the curtain at the Rumble that year and was in the main event with a bunch of other people at the Elimination Chamber where he was attacked by Kane for a supposed set up for Mania. He only really had the lead up to Wrestlemania and the event itself to shine....afterwards he was lobbed into some silly feud with Kane again while Cena was still main eventing and then he unfortunately go injured.....

Not much of "a time at the top", is it?

The guy gets attention from major sports organizations like the NFL, MLB, he was recently presented with signed Toronto Maple Laefs Jersey from the NHL, TV Guide did an article about him, he and his wife Brie were featured in a magazine recently where they were voted the #1 sports couple where Triple H and Stephaine hilariously weren't even slightly probably considered.

People love that hairy, little man. Just let him enjoy his peak, he isn't getting any younger after all.

·
Registered
32,865 Posts
Lol so you're ready upset/pondering about reactions off stuff that's a year away? Some hardcore fans look to far into the future at times it's ridiculous.

But it's simple if you're a big fan of Bryan, Roman, Ambrose, Rollins, Wyatt or whoever then yes you probably want them being the top champion and main eventing as much as possible.

But on the flip if your not a guys biggest fan you probably prefer they not main event back to back Manias, have long title Reigns etc.

Put it like this just because someone accepts Wolverine in every comic doesn't mean they have to accept Deadpool/Spiderman in every comic.

An entertainment bias is not bad nor wrong.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
People are hypocrites, a couple of mongs who said Bryan shouldn't Main Event will probably say Reigns is perfectly fine main eventing twice fpalm

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Reigns vs Cena will close I believe, unless they get Dwayne on the show.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Yes I would love it if they have someone new main event wm every year from here on out. Change it up instead of the same guy year after year

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Wm 31: Reigns vs Lesnar
Wm 32: Cena vs Reigns
Wm 33: Romain reins vs Dean Tittymastah vs Seth Rollins
Wm 34: Reigns vs Dwayne

They got the next four years planned out. Have everybody make Roman look strong leading into it. Real strong.

Reactions: LPPrince and A-C-P

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
I don't think he will main event next year, but I also wouldn't lose my shit if he didn't. Time will tell, will have to see where the story takes us and such. I can see Rollins in the ME next year, maybe versus Ambrose or something culminating in the end of the feud or something with a Mania moment for one of those two.

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
Let's get through this year's Mania and see what happens afterwards before we start worrying about who may or may not headline next year's show. If Reigns' babyface push flops, then he isn't main eventing anything next year unless he turns heel and becomes one of the hottest heels the WWE has seen in years.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts