Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with smackdown just got a new low this past Tuesday. Do you see WWE giving up on the Split if the ratings keep going down like they've been for the last few weeks?

Reactions: DarkLady

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
I hope not. They would have to get rid of a lot of titles and the whole thing would be meaningless. This split was not something I wanted, and still don't, but WWE should either live or die with it.

·
Registered
14,377 Posts
Apparently ratings going down means nothing and will change nothing. And if USA doesn't want them to end the brand split they are going to have to do some hard work to convince them since it was USA that talked them into doing it again to begin with. It was a SERIOUS mistake to put it on Tuesday, I know it was better for them logistically, but really it should have stayed on (Maybe Wednesday since Thursday is travel). Too much all at once.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Apparently ratings going down means nothing and will change nothing. And if USA doesn't want them to end the brand split they are going to have to do some hard work to convince them since it was USA that talked them into doing it again to begin with. It was a SERIOUS mistake to put it on Tuesday, I know it was better for them logistically, but really it should have stayed on Thursday. Too much all at once.
They can't go live on Thursday because I think they begin house shows on Friday. That would be to much.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope not. They would have to get rid of a lot of titles and the whole thing would be meaningless. This split was not something I wanted, and still don't, but WWE should either live or die with it.
Raw is Raw but Smackdown's main problem at the moment is they have a jobber as #1 contender get Jinder out of the title picture and put in AJ and I think Smackdown will be fine and ratings will go back up cause ratings was fine when AJ was Champion.

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
They will change it, eventually........Ironic really, hottest feud in the WWE atm is Aj/KO.......They even have to carry the WWE Championship feud!

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
The ratings has been falling for more than ten years. Don't blame the division just because you don't like it. Accordingly, SmackDown's ratings are higher than before the Brand Split.

Also, you should be grateful for the existence of the brand split. Without it Alexa would be a jobber.

·
Baby Yoda
30,135 Posts
They will change it, eventually........Ironic really, hottest feud in the WWE atm is Aj/KO.......They even have to carry the WWE Championship feud!
I wouldn't say there's a single hot feud in the WWE today.

Orton vs The Indy's is miles better than anything the WWE have done in a year at least.

·
Baby Yoda
30,135 Posts
They brought in the brand split to try and raise the ratings because they were falling....
Now ratings for both shows are tanking because they can't tell stories or entertain to save their lives :lol

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The ratings has been falling for more than ten years. Don't blame the division just because you don't like it. Accordingly, SmackDown's ratings are higher than before the Brand Split.

Also, you should be grateful for the existence of the brand split. Without it Alexa would be a jobber.

And that's the problem with the brand split right there, people say the split gives talents time to shine but the truth is the talent just isn't there to begin with.

Mediocre Talents like Bliss, Naomi, Bayley, Balor, Jinder, Bray Wyatt, Ambrose, American Alpha and even James Ellsworth have all had time at the top of their divisions because the talent pool is so shallow with a brand split.

There isn't enough interest or talent to put out 5 hours of high quality programming a week and in a time when attention spans are dropping like they are in this day and age people aren't prepared to sit through 3 hours of garbage to watch what interests them.

The brand split was and still is a terrible idea, and it's made even worse by having 2 world titles and 2 women's champions it's painfully bad.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

Without Eva Marie's suspension she'd be a jobber :lmao

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,132 Posts
Raw is Raw but Smackdown's main problem at the moment is they have a jobber as #1 contender get Jinder out of the title picture and put in AJ and I think Smackdown will be fine and ratings will go back up cause ratings was fine when AJ was Champion.
Actually Smackdown had low ratings at times with AJ as champion too. John Cena returning is what brought the ratings back up.

·
Baby Yoda
30,135 Posts
Actually Smackdown had low ratings at times with AJ as champion too. John Cena returning is what brought the ratings back up.
Cena had an impact on the ratings, but are we supposed to pretend that had nothing to do with WM season either? One of their highest rated shows on the road to WM was headlined by AJ and Orton which was only announced late week.

·
Banned
68 Posts
They should have never done the split to begin with,was a sure fire way to run off fans. And makes your talent stale faster.

There's no need for separate rosters.

Also the other issue is the Triple h pet project era,and WWE is over run with very "average" people,the under dog syndrome if you will.

You got Corbin a dude who looks badass losing to Sami and Kevin Owens. Hell even Randy losing to bray would turn a potential fan away.

Coupled with Charlotte, Nakamura,Naomi,Becky all geographic boring and acts that will never get a new fan to watch. SD is screwed.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts