Wrestling Forum banner

If Randy Orton Vs CM punk happened Now , Who do you think Vince Mcmahon will bury ?

• Orton.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Punk.

Votes: 60 75.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Every wrestling match doesn't end in a burial. They could have a match, and both can come out looking strong and viable contenders for the title if it isn't a title match already. The idea that someone will get buried in every match is very flawed logic. Neither Orton or Punk would get buried if this match happened.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I see the term "bury/buried" thrown around here often. Is that just put out there any time a wrestler loses or doesn't come out on top in their fued? Don't think they would allow either of them to get "buried" at this point and judging from Henry going over Orton cleanly for the title, I don't think they are afraid to throw a loss his way every now and again.

I'd say it would be pretty even.

When it comes to buried, I think it is actually a case of this

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every wrestling match doesn't end in a burial. They could have a match, and both can come out looking strong and viable contenders for the title if it isn't a title match already. The idea that someone will get buried in every match is very flawed logic. Neither Orton or Punk would get buried if this match happened.
I know that , i just wanted to keep the thread title simple as possible lol.

The question is Who do you think Vince will favour in a match between Punk and orton NOW & who will go over.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Punk. He'd definitely lose the feud and probably all the main matches just like Christian in his feud with Orton.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Punk and rightfully so. Orton is a bigger star, has a much bigger fanbase, golden boy, Vince's project since 2003, more protected and he's the future of the company.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
STOP USING THE TERM "BURY" SO CASUALLY, JESUS.

Losing a feud =/= being buried.
Losing a match to a guy higher on the card than you =/= being buried.
Doing the job to put someone over =/= being buried.
Your favorite wrestler not being champion =/= buried.

Consistently made to look like a weakling or a joke, squashed or dominated to free-fall your position on the card, and losing embarrassingly as a punishment / humiliation = BURIED.

Back to the OP: Orton still would win the feud. Punk would look much better in losing it though, compared to the WM program they did last year, and there would be a possibility of a drawt, much like most of the Cena/Punk feud so far.

·
Ted the Moth
12,867 Posts
Can I just drop some shocking information on you guys? In a good feud, neither guy gets "buried". I'm just saying.

But if you're asking who Vince would choose so to speak, Orton in a heartbeat. He has spent too much time and too much effort to do otherwise. CM Punk has been given little in comparison, but has made a lot. So since he hasn't been subject to as much preferential treatment, I think Vince would see it as less to lose.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
so apparently every feud ends with a burial? are you fucking kidding me? it would have been much better if you asked ''who would job in the match'', because jobbing means losing, burial means being lowered to a point where you become a complete jobber.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Punk and rightfully so. Orton is a bigger star, has a much bigger fanbase, golden boy, Vince's project since 2003, more protected and he's the future of the company.
You ever heard of building a star? Yeah, it's kind of what they're doing with Punk now.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
He wouldn't 'bury' either of them. Orton would probably be booked in a more favourable light though.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
lol have you forgotten that punk got over cena almost clean in two ppv main events?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
If a Punk-Orton feud started up again...John Morrison would end up buried.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Orton. Vince loves him and will never admit that he isn't a "face of the brand" type guy even though he's received 800 pushes and still isn't there.

And, jeez, clearly the OP was just using the term buried for the sake of simplicity in the hypothetical scenario. No need to go spergelord over it.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
A shocking post even by your standards. A bigger star is actually questionable, which is actually laughable considering they've been trying to make him a star since his debut whilst until July Punk has been an Upper Mid-card jobber for the last 2 years, he clearly hasn't got a bigger fan-base, him being a "Golden boy" doesn't make it right that he should go over and neither does him being Vince's project or more protected and the last bit is the worst of the lot, people have been calling him the future of the company for nearly a decade now, you would've thought with all the rubs he's been given he would've become the present by now

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I noticed that a lot of new registers (June 2011 and later) have been the starters of rather many questionable threads.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts