Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He would help the company big time. He Will be Master of X division and probably win WHC a couple times. i think he would be the 2nd face of TNA after AJ styles or probably first.

·
Registered
11,509 Posts
He would be the top draw in TNA when it comes to putting butts in the seats and merchandise sales. Ratings, not so much. Nobody in wrestling is a ratings grabber.

He is too big for the X division. Doug Williams,Kendrick is not exactly on his level and it would be a waste. Mistico is a LEGIT STAR. Putting him in the X division might help a little but with no competition the fans would get tired of seeing Mistico face low midcarders. That's like Rey wrestling in the Cruiserweight division in his early days in the WWE, they knew he was too big of a star.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'd love to see Mystico join one of the American top 3, I'd love to see him more often.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mistico as a draw, while down in Mexico, would still do a lot to bring Latin fans into TNA. The problem is his contract with CMLL just won't allow it--if it did, he would have been in WWE years ago when they tried everything in their power (along with Mistico) to break his CMLL contract to no avail. Neither company is dumb to the power Mistico has in the ring and in terms of drawing Latin viewers throughout North and Central America, it's just that he doesn't have the ability to be in either American-based company at the moment. Should the time come (and I think it will), he'll get his shot.

The problem is, will his drawing power still be worth the investment when/should that time come? It likely won't be. That's the problem with Mexican wrestling; the companies are wise enough to tie down their top draws until they aren't top draws anymore.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
If TNA could get him he'd be a massive coup. He's not someone who I'd like to see as a main-eventer in the Heavyweight division but he could elevate the X-Division back to the top like in 2005/06. TNA needs Mistico for sure.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
IF he did join....CMLL would keep his name&look!,Some would not know who he really is and many casuals would see him as a Mysterio knock-off IF they did keep his look and so there would be many screaming out"lame/wwe rip-off/TNA still sucks/another spot monkey",CMLL would try everything they can to keep him anyway,....

Would be like WWE loosing Taker/Triple H or Cena!

·
Registered
701 Posts
IF he did join....CMLL would keep his name&look!,Some would not know who he really is and many casuals would see him as a Mysterio knock-off IF they did keep his look and so there would be many screaming out"lame/wwe rip-off/TNA still sucks/another spot monkey",CMLL would try everything they can to keep him anyway,....

Would be like WWE loosing Taker/Triple H or Cena!
Trademarks are per country unless the company files for trademarks worldwide. CMLL does NOT do that--it's far too expensive, especially since they only maintain their hold in Mexico and don't travel the world a la TNA and WWE.

Now, CMLL could just put someone else as Mistico in their promotion but the current Mistico would encounter very little trouble being Mistico in America and in fact, he'd be the one person neither TNA or WWE would change in terms of gimmick. He's a known commodity as is and a moneymaker.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hopefully he will appear in TNA, at least in some "international" tournament.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts