Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
something too.

If this logic has worked several times in the past what is stopping her from making all number one contenders put up their careers?

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
This logic normally works in a fued ending match not their first match. There would be no point in Mickie having to put something up , thats just how wrestling works. There's nothing she can give up anyways

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually Madison had 3 title vs career matches in a row (@ sacrifice, slammiversary, and victory road)

and I don't think she's had a singles PPV title match since then

that was just horrible writing for ANY of the women to accept those terms

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The whole point of a title is that you must defend it to remain the best in your category. Contenders should only have to put something serious on the line when they've blown their chance previously and it's a last ditch attempt to get what they want - basic storyline arc.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
No, she hasn't. Title defense do NOT need constant overbooking.

Maybe the idea is good on a few occasions, but Mickie doesn't even have earned something in TNA, she could offer. Psychologically very bad idea.

·
HEADBANGA
22,917 Posts
The point of being championship is to prove your the best and defending your title successfully proves so. There's no reason why a person should put their career on the line for a shot at the title.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Let them fight for the title, then Daffney can come out knock erm all out with a toolbox and she can claim it for herself. mwhahahahhaha!

·
#StayClassyWF
1,082 Posts
Problem with having that stipulation, is that it would mean TNA have booked themselves into a hole.

Mickie James has only just joined TNA, she has nothing to give up and it would be pretty obvious that Mickie would win the title.

If Madison did retain, TNA would have to "fire" Mickie and find some way to get her back on TV quickly. In what possible way would that happen? Should they do an angle where Madison does the deal, that she has Tara, with Mickie? Could set up an almost Cena/Nexus thing within the Knockout Division, with Madison and Tara pretty much using Mickie as a slave and having her fight the Beautiful People to ensure Madison retains the title. Just have the split occur when Mickie starts fighting Tara and earns the #1 contendership and faces Madison at a PPV, and wins the title.

However I can't see that happening, as I see the Beautiful People sorta doing their own storylines (Angelina/Winter, Velvet with Sabin), so I think Mickie wins the title, and have a three-way feud between Mickie/Madison/Tara.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Think your taking it a bit to seriously. As long as they look good then thats all that should matter dude. :D
Thanks for setting us men back another ten or so years

We have the internet for what you see female WRESTLERS as

1 - 12 of 12 Posts