Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Always sees what you don't
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question - if you were offered a red pill (continue knowing that wrestling is fixed) or a blue pill where you could go back to the world of kayfabe and would spend your entire life believing wrestling is real, what would you pick?

For me, I would love to take a blue pill and go back to enjoying the days of kayfabe where I would believe it to be real and get caught up in it. Imagine watching the Nexus storyline believing Cena has to do this or get fired? Or that the Undertaker was really buried and not off getting surgery - my god, it would be amazing.

·
Banned
311 Posts
I agree with the poster above me. If we don't realize that pro wrestling is scripted, we'd never be able to fully enjoy the work of heels. We'd literally be sheeps bowing down to every command that management throws at us. Trust me, pro wrestling is a lot more enjoyable when you know it's scripted.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
I've always known the stuff is scripted, and it's never affected my enjoyment, so I'd take the red pill no questions asked. Plus, a lot of my favorites are guys that I'm supposed to hate in kayfabe, so I'd not enjoy my favorite wrestlers anymore.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
The red pill, its comforting to know that Rey Mysterio was scripted to win a world championship and didnt get there by beating an olympic wrestler

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Can I take shots of the blue pill for month stints at a time? Like when I know it's going to be hotness on the screen? Imagine seeing TNA as real. Actually caring that hogan and bisch are heels? Oh, wait...

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The blue pill, nothing beats the days I used to watch wrestling as if it were a real sport, as if it was like boxing where you cheer your favourite no matter what, back when heels actually pissed you off and you wanted to see them get smashed to the point where they wont show up on your tv screen anymore, back when wrestling was emotional and it was the biggest, coolest thing in the world and the faces were the ultimate heroes and everyone would cheer for someone different as they would with a real sport like football and you would argue all day long about who is better, back when moments became legendary and were not just a segment or another promo, BACK WHEN SEEING YOUR FAVOURITE WRESTLER WIN HIS MATCH MEANT SO MUCH, I used to go crazy cheering for Austin not to tap or back when I used to be fully into the match and really wanted my favourite wrestler to win with a passion as if it meant something unlike now I know it is all scripted and a win means nothing.

Whoever said the blue pill must have forgot or never known what it was like to have been like that, I would give anything to go back to them days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Most def the blue pill! The emotion of not knowing that wrestling is fixed is way stronger and more passionate than enjoying accasional good heel promo or knowing whats going on the backstage. Also you wouldn't have the feelings of frustration when you think that they are booking stupid storylines or giving pushes to the wrong people.

When I'm looking at the faces of the kids when they cheer for their favourite guy or boo for the heels, I feel that I'm missing a lot. Nowdays I watch mostly out of habit and even big things can't shock me and wins and losses don't mean that much anymore. It is the feeling of indifference that's killing the product, for me atleast.

So I for one would love to be superpassionate about Cena and hope that he would break free and beat the crap out of Barrett so I would not have to see that evil englishman ever again :p ;)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Red pill. There's never been a time I didn't know wrestling was fixed anyway. The fact that it IS scripted is what makes it so interesting, it's almost the whole point of it. That gives you layers of complexity to talk about, like backstage politics, who draws more, what should happen in storylines, rivalries between federations, etc.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I'd take the red pill. Knowing it's scriped isn't the problem. You can still choose to believe. And the products / guys were you don't choose so, don't deserve it neither.

I was a mark at WCWs peak. But I was still irritated & lost interest when WCW went downhill. Even without ANY smarkdom. Smarkdom mostly lets you understand, WHY you start to hate something. And that's a good thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
The blue pill, nothing beats the days I used to watch wrestling as if it were a real sport, as if it was like boxing where you cheer your favourite no matter what, back when heels actually pissed you off and you wanted to see them get smashed to the point where they wont show up on your tv screen anymore, back when wrestling was emotional and it was the biggest, coolest thing in the world and the faces were the ultimate heroes and everyone would cheer for someone different as they would with a real sport like football and you would argue all day long about who is better, back when moments became legendary and were not just a segment or another promo, BACK WHEN SEEING YOUR FAVOURITE WRESTLER WIN HIS MATCH MEANT SO MUCH, I used to go crazy cheering for Austin not to tap or back when I used to be fully into the match and really wanted my favourite wrestler to win with a passion as if it meant something unlike now I know it is all scripted and a win means nothing.

Whoever said the blue pill must have forgot or never known what it was like to have been like that, I would give anything to go back to them days.
This, i miss the days when i believed..

but for the topic, id be fine if only the IWC knew it was fake, and not the rest of the world

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Why? Because I like women.
It wouldn't be much of a problem. You'd just have to find a woman that also took the blue pill 8*D

Anyway, being serious, I'd take the red pill. I wouldn't want to think the stuff was real all my life. It's not the knowing it isn't real that means I can't enjoy it as much, it's all the crap we hear from the dirtsheets. If all of that backstage knowledge and all of those crappy smarky insider terms weren't known to us then people would enjoy it more.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I enjoy knowing how the business works and why things happen the way they do. Just think about how frustrated you'd be as a fan that thought everything was real when your favorite wrestler kept losing in a title match that he should win or how creeped out you'd be knowing a zombie is on your TV.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts