Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking to myself. If Cena Wins the US Championship, will he:

1. Go back to his Dr. of Thugonomics persona?

and

2. Will the spinner US belt come back?

I only thought that these might happen as it has been over 10 years since he won his first title, which was the us title. He had that persona and introduced that belt.

Would love to hear your thoughts :grin2:

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
He's a 37 year old man.

WWE fucked up the Doctor of Thuganomics persona a decade ago by dropping it once Cena became WWE Champion for the first time.

No point in going back to it now unless it's a one night only gig for Old School Raw or something.

:lmao If Cena were to bring back the spinner belt and still get booed

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
I swear to God if Rusev lays down for Cena after an entire year's build then I think I will cry. Can somebody please reassure me that Rusev will go over and establish himself as a big name player?

My girlfriend bought me John Cena's rap album for Valentine's Day because she knows how much I fucking hate him. I think I might have to marry her. I'm listening to it right now and it makes me want to punch myself in the face.

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was just thinking on the fact that the us championship was the highlight of the thugonomics persona. But yeah looks super unlikely

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Poor Rusev from the moment he signed to the wwe to go to the development his fate was to be feed to Cena and become a comedy jobber afterwards. :cry

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,311 Posts
What SHOULD happen: Cena has a long reign, defends it at every PPV, then drops it to a called up Owens or Balor to put them over huge as the future.

What will happen: The mid card remains buried :cena3

·
Banned
791 Posts
You know the answer already.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
:lmao do people think he will actualyl go over clean at this ppv? he will win by dq with russev destroying him and theyll take him out on a stretcher or some shit. then at WM the burial of russev will be complete.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
Yeah, no doubt about that. This screams Vladimir Kozlov all over again.
Rusev is a million times better than that guy. I think the comparison is quite lazy.

I also think even if Rusev does lose the US title he doesn't need to be buried at all if they just make sure and give him a win in the feud and protect him in the booking.

If it is anything at all like the Bray Wyatt feud then Rusev is fucked though. :shrug

It's really going to come down to whether or not someone like HHH has his back backstage because Vince would just have Cena go over him in typical fashion if he got it 100% his own way. No doubt about that.

And even saying that Wyatt still got fucked over despite HHH favoring him over virtually the entire roster. Vince will just book it how he wants at the end of the day.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I don't think none of those things will happen if he wins. He's passed the point of that gimmick now.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good riddance to Rusev and to these stupid characters that are "monsters who can't be beaten". None of them are realistic, they beat up jobbers and midcarders and as soon as they make it to the "big time" they get beaten.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
No need to regress back into the Thuganomics gimmick even though i enjoyed it. He needs to evolve, shame he hasn't in 8 years.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
The US Title will gain a lot of prestige & value if John Cena were to win it. I can see it being unified with either the Intercontinental or even WWE World Championship some time this year.

Also, it is possible to lose a match or a feud and still get over brilliantly if booked correctly or even in spite of that - Daniel Bryan didn't suddenly become a jobber after being beat by Seamus in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania, nor did Kurt Angle go down the crapper after losing his undefeated streak to Tazz - but most of the man-children that have irrational hate for Cena have trouble comprehending and understanding these things.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
IF he does win it, I highly doubt he will return to his 'roots'. He will just stick with the same old 'Never give up' character who carries a midcard title. Cena will probably then just drop it on a random Raw to some midcarder (uncleanly of course). I don't really see Cena carrying it for long unless they want him to break the us title reign record.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
As pissed as I'd be about Rusev being fed to Cena

At least Cena wouldn't be in the main event
Keep the US title for 100 years for all I care. Stay the fuck out of the main event
Yeah,but on the other hand you have Cena burying everyone else on the midcard while Cena 2.0 rules the main event scene. Makes me want to hang myself.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts