Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it obvious that the Royal Rumble winner will pick the World Heavyweight Champion to face at Wrestlemania 28 ?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Just because John Cena said he will win the WWE title and will walk into WrestleMania 28 to face The Rock as WWE champion doesn't mean that it will happen and i don't expect it too happen seeing as Cena/Rock is the single biggest match out there in wrestling even without the WWE title. On screen we see wrestlers say they will win their upcoming match and that they will do this or do that but that is to hype up their upcoming match or to further their current feud rather than actually being what will happen because wrestling is scrited.

The bonus of having Cena/Rock as the main event of WrestleMania 28 and the PPV being a guaranteed sell out based on that match is that it will allow Vince McMahon to possibly test out a brand new main event star in the WWE title match at WrestleMania 28. If as expected we also see The Undertaker and Triple H on top of Cena/Rock then there is already two HUGE matches on the card to boost buyrates so WWE could go with something like Morrison/Miz or Kingston/Del Rio as the WWE title match which could see John Morrison or Kofi Kingston push on to the next level and on the biggest stage of all.

·
Asuka
96,550 Posts
The Royal Rumble winner could challenge for the WWE title to troll the audience and ruin a classic match :lmao
That's what I keep saying and that's why this storyline makes no fucking sense. Cena just ASSUMES that he's automatically facing Rock and nobody else and it's (technically) wrong because kayfabe wise, the match CAN be stopped or at least modified. But what do you expect, attention to detail by WWE booking? Please.

But yeah. Come WrestleMania 28, the Royal Rumble winner will choose the WHC like they usually do. The Royal Rumble winner has actually challenged for the WHC instead of the WWE Championship since it was introduced every single year except for 2008 and 2009, so it was likely to happen again even if this match weren't taking place.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
That's what I keep saying and that's why this storyline makes no fucking sense. Cena just ASSUMES that he's automatically facing Rock and nobody else and it's (technically) wrong because kayfabe wise, the match CAN be stopped or at least modified. But what do you expect, attention to detail by WWE booking? Please.
I guess it's because EVERYONE wants to see the match so badly that nobody wants to get involved, even if the title is up for grabs? I dunno.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

But yeah. Come WrestleMania 28, the Royal Rumble winner will choose the WHC like they usually do. The Royal Rumble winner has actually challenged for the WHC instead of the WWE Championship since it was introduced every single year except for 2008 and 2009, so it was likely to happen again even if this match weren't taking place.
That would be a big mistake, the Rumble winner should definitely challenge for the WWE title but, in a big heel move, announce the decision before EC to give Cena a dilemma, work his ass off in the Chamber to keep the title or allow himself to be pinned in order to face Rock at 'mania.

This would've been even better if they'd made Cena wait to win the belt, his actions in recent months have made it appear that he doesn't really care about the belt, I assume that was unintentional so I would've built that into the storyline. I'd have him admit that, having won the title so many times already, it wasn't as big a deal as it used to be. His sole motivation for winning the belt this time would've been the Rock match at 'mania, he would fail a couple of times and finally win it in December. He would defend it successfully at the Rumble then the dilemma storyline would be set in motion.

·
Asuka
96,550 Posts
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Cena defend the title in the opening match and then go over Rock in the main event. That's where the WWE is at with this cartoon.

OVERCOME THE ODDS
And take the risk of Cena getting injured at WM before he faces Rock? They wouldn't do it.

I guess it's because EVERYONE wants to see the match so badly that nobody wants to get involved, even if the title is up for grabs? I dunno.
You can't approach WWE from a character's perspective with fan logic. Characters are always out for themselves, especially heels, but this is true of faces as well. Their title ambitions are not going to be stopped because of Cena's wish to face Rock at WM for the title. Granted, they have a choice to choose differently, but that's exactly the point.....it's a CHOICE. If the Rumble winner would rather have the WWE title then they won't give a flying fuck about Cena vs Rock.

That would be a big mistake, the Rumble winner should definitely challenge for the WWE title but, in a big heel move, announce the decision before EC to give Cena a dilemma, work his ass off in the Chamber to keep the title or allow himself to be pinned in order to face Rock at 'mania.
I'd enjoy that storyline, but they can't do it because I'm convinced that WWE would NEVER allow Cena to lay down because that goes against his stupid "Never Give Up" attitude.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Just because John Cena said he will win the WWE title and will walk into WrestleMania 28 to face The Rock as WWE champion doesn't mean that it will happen and i don't expect it too happen seeing as Cena/Rock is the single biggest match out there in wrestling even without the WWE title. On screen we see wrestlers say they will win their upcoming match and that they will do this or do that but that is to hype up their upcoming match or to further their current feud rather than actually being what will happen because wrestling is scrited.

The bonus of having Cena/Rock as the main event of WrestleMania 28 and the PPV being a guaranteed sell out based on that match is that it will allow Vince McMahon to possibly test out a brand new main event star in the WWE title match at WrestleMania 28. If as expected we also see The Undertaker and Triple H on top of Cena/Rock then there is already two HUGE matches on the card to boost buyrates so WWE could go with something like Morrison/Miz or Kingston/Del Rio as the WWE title match which could see John Morrison or Kofi Kingston push on to the next level and on the biggest stage of all.
Cena promised to walk into Mania with the belt..one way or another, that's what is gonna happen. The most important prize in the WWE will add to the already announced main event..that's the element of surprise that is left: Will or won't Cena have the belt like he said?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Personally i'd rather it wouldnt be for the title then the outcome may not be so for obvious...
There's something they could add to the storyline and that is to suggest that Rock winning the title might lead to him coming back full-time. Yes, the smarks will know it won't happen but most fans aren't smarks so that's not a problem, the casuals could easily get sucked in and it'd be an interesting way to turn Cena heel if they take that route; having him retain the title and rob the fans of more Rock would make them hate him.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Personally i'd rather it wouldnt be for the title then the outcome may not be so for obvious...
I don't think it's as obvious as everyone thinks unless they put the Rock in the HOF. Keep something in mind..the Rock and Vince McMahon are in charge of who wins that match. It may be enough for the Rock to just wrestle his last match in his hometown or MAYBE he'll want to go out a winner since he always did the right thing for the business and put over so many before him. It's not predictable. Nothing really is when Dwayne Johnson is involved.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts