Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I know it will be this way for a long time, I don't really care to see Cena as the face of the company that much longer. So YOU HAVE to replace him with somebody (You cannot keep him) Who would you pick?

To me it's down to CM Punk, Sheamus and The Miz with an honorable mention to Brodus Clay.

The Miz does so much by working so hard with media appearances and busting his butt off doing signings and appearing on Late Night. But does he have what it takes to be a sustained #1 draw?

Sheamus has it all: Size, believability, marketable look, very over as a face really quickly. He can talk very well despite his accent and I can always count on him to do well in the ring. He's not as mainstream as the others and does HE have what it takes to be #1? In my opinion he is the best, most complete superstar/wrestler on the roster today.

My pick here is CM Punk. The only thing holding him back would be his size. Punk has stayed relevant, he keeps selling the merchandise. He just main evented a PPV without Cena. He does have credibility. His promo skills and ring skills are top notch and gets thunderous CM Punk almost everywhere he goes. He can resurrect dead crowds and is definitely moving into the main stream for sure. If I didn't know better and I saw wrestling for the first time ever last night or in these last couple months, I would think Punk was the #1 face of the company. He totally has what it takes to be The Rock to Cena's Austin. Cena will be face for a long time but in my opinion Punk has surpassed Orton as #2 and could easily slip in to #1 without Cena.

So who would YOU build the company around? Remember you cannot choose Cena. Anybody else is fair game.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sheamus. He gives off a better vibe than Punk in the outside the ring/shows areas that are as important to the WWE as talent. The Miz also warrants consideration for the same reason. He's not as good in the ring as Sheamus and Punk, but the Miz is gold in the other areas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Right now CM punk or Sheamus....they both get mixed reactions and really know how to do the talking and stuff.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I guess CM Punk or Cena if I had to pick one guy. But I think the company should be built around Cena, Punk, and Sheamus as faces and Miz, ADR, and Barrett as heels going forward.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Miz, yea, I said it

·
Registered
895 Posts
Overall faces of the company:
1. Randy Orton
2. John Cena

Raw:
1. John Cena
2. John Morrison
Backup Baby Face: CM Punk

Smackdown:
1. Randy Orton
2. Sheamus
Backup Babyface: Ezekiel Jackson

·
Banned
822 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm kind of sick of stuff like this. The op asked if it were up to me. Not what should happen, but if it were up to me. I'm not a mark who cares about if this guy is letting people bone his girlfriend in real life, I watch WWE to be entertained. That holding people on the floor for 5 minutes is boring as hell, at least this kid brings something I've never seen. A lot of you were on Jomo's dick until he got slightly successful and you went to go blow off the next glorified indyriffic midget. Damn I was slightly mad there lol you're a good troll

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
I want to say Punk but taking this as a serious question, I wouldn't want somebody who goes out there and goes head to head with the company line in interviews almost every time. To me that's why he'll never be given that spot. There's no way I'd send him out to represent my company and have him acting all sarcastic and superior to the general public. Not a chance. If Cena isn't able to do it or I'm looking to replace him, I'm picking Miz. He's absolutely perfect for it tbh.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'd honestly go with Cena/Punk and make Orton the main heel and have him on a run like he was on his Road to Wrestlemania in 09. That's the best heel work in recent years. Mark Henry would be my other main heel and I'd just book him as is now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts