Wrestling Forum banner

If Hulk Hogan never existed...who would have got the "Hulkamania" Push?

• Andre The Giant

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • The Ultimate Warrior

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Roddy Piper

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Bret Hart

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Ted DiBiase

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ricky Steamboat

• King Kong Bundy

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Jake Roberts

• Other (Specify)

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who do you think would have been the "Hulk Hogan" of the WWE in the Hulkamania era of 1983-1993?

How would have got the "Hulkamania" push?

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Maybe Macho , Flair or Piper would of been even bigger.

I'm going to go with Macho. I think he could of carried the company by himself. Never to the heights that Hulk did , but I think they would of done ok

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Nobody would be able to do what Hogan did in the 80's.

If I was to pick who would be the WWF's top guy, it's probably between Tito Santana, Superfly Snuka, and Sgt. Slaughter.

If Hogan had never came to the WWF, a lot of guys wouldn't have come. Savage probably would've stayed in Memphis or went on to Crockett Promotions.

Piper would've stayed with the Crocketts.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
if not andre then the ultimate warrior, if all else fails, either Roddy or Savage

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
It would've been Orndorff, go back and check out some of his stuff from that era. Orndorff was great and made them a lot of money.
I could imagine that legendary night when Orndorff slams Andre the Giant.

Instead of taking place at the Pontiac Silverdome in front of 93,000, it would've taken place at a parking lot of a Michigan 7-11!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
You know,I think Vince could have made it without Hogan.

Babyfaces
Dusty Rhodes
Macho Man
Sgt Slaughter
Jimmy Snuka
Andre the Giant

Heels
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Dr.David Schultz
Paul Orndorff

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Interesting thing to note: Hogan made more money than everyone else COMBINED for WrestleMania III. Who possibly could have been in that position? I made the Orndorff joke earlier but in all honesty the closest (but still not close enough) would have to be Randy Savage and if we're looking a few years later maybe Ultimate Warrior.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
of that list, warrior or savage...honestly though, i don't know if anyone could have done what hogan did. warrior and savage would have had success, but it wouldn't be what hogan had i don't think... i can't stand the man now, but if it wasn't for hulk hogan, we wouldn't be here today on this website.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
People have said names like Savage and Warrior. I'm not sure if those guys would've even gone to the WWF had Hogan not been there. A lot of guys went to New York because of Hogan's success.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Nobody could, there's only one Hogan, he had the perfect look, size, charisma, most people already knew who he was from Rocky.... it's like saying give the ball to Orton or The Miz and make them carry the company as well as Cena, but people with their little vendettas against Hogan just can't see this.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
People have said names like Savage and Warrior. I'm not sure if those guys would've even gone to the WWF had Hogan not been there. A lot of guys went to New York because of Hogan's success.
Warrior was pretty much a nobody so he would probably have gone anyway. But the real answer is if Hulk Hogan never existed none of us would be in this forum now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts