Wrestling Forum banner

Goldberg last opponent if he had one more run?

• Austin

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Rock

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Cena

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Lesnar

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 15.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Austin would have been awesome ten years back,not Now

Goldberg vs Cena for me

Goldberg vs Cena at WM-Just looks like 1 million buys again with hype

·
Banned
882 Posts
Might be Goldberg/Cena most likely.

However, Rock getting a redeeming win over Goldberg could also happen, just like when he eventually beats Brock to make it even.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I don't think Goldberg v Cena has nearly the mainstream appeal you would think it would. Hell I don't even think it would have much appeal to wrestling fans. What remains of WCW fans now watch TNA and it is a very small percentage of their audience at that, Goldberg means absolutely nothing in 2012. A Mr.Kennedy return means more.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Austin-Goldberg was THE dream match of the nineties.

Perhaps it has been too long to even have half the impact it would have once had, but out of all the options it still makes the most sense.

I don't think the WWE should make a habit of having Cena wrestle attitude era stars at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
austin but it would waste of an austin match. cena dosent have he appeal. i would go for heel randy orton. he takes the diamond cutter well.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
I doubt Goldberg would come back due to politics. but if he did, I could see him doing it with Ryback.
Goldberg could get (Kayfabe) annoyed that there is a clone of himself and the feud could esculate from there.
It would also get Ryback over in a big way.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
It's got to be the Undertaker for a few reasons:

1) They've never faced each other before.

2) Their styles would be a good mix.

3) After the train wreck of Goldberg's last WWE match, you need somebody in there with him who he respects and who respects the business so if Goldberg isn't delivering, they can step their/and his game up.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Bill Goldberg has a history of accidently injuring his opponents (he gave Bret Hart a kick to the mush that ended his career, for example). I don't think that Steve Austin would risk his already precarious physical condition by stepping in the ring with a stiff, clumsy, permenently green Bill Goldberg.

I'm not sure who I'd like to see Goldberg against. He's kind of a relic from a different era entirely; I don't know what today's audience would make of his gurning, two move assault.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts