Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Eric bought WCW in 2001 like he was supposed to and found a network to air it on what do you think the company would of been like? Personally I think it's the most fascinating "What If?" in all of wrestling.

As for my opinion on it. I think it'd of been a mix of the XWF and WWA. I could see it being heavy on Goldberg and Hulk Hogan I also think DDP would of been kept around along with Bagwell, Jarrett, Steiner and Sting. Every other "big name" I could see going (Luger, Flair, Nash) I think Vince would probably try and lure Booker T away as well because allegedly he was quite big on him.

I think their first few months they have Road Dogg and Jerry Lawler turn up. Apart from that it's all the young WCW guys and a few unwanted ECW guys mixed in with some of the WCW guys who got a start in TNA (Chris Harris, James Storm, AJ Styles etc)

What do you think? What would have happened if Eric bought WCW?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmm, he would of bought the same roster that Vince aquired, so I doubt that Goldberg, Hogan etc would of being there at first as they were contracted to Time Warner I believe.

The TV rights would of being the tough one, no one wanted WCW or a wrestling show on their tv channel, this was TNA's biggest hurdle at the time.

A relaunch could of taken ages to happen, thus ratings would be similar to what TNA are getting now.

Good money would of being made from selling old WCW dvd's etc, I think in general you'd be looking at Nitro on a non-monday slot on TNA levels.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
If Bischoff & his backers had bought WCW and if Turner Networks had stayed committed to airing WCW wrestling on their stations, even if for a one or two year agreement, WCW would probably still exist today.

Bischoff does have some wrestling knowledge, he has just been too wrapped up in beating Vince. Had he just focused on creating a solid product with no idea of beating Vince, then he could have succeeded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts