Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the belt being on Lesnar as much as the next guy but I cannot find myself excited for the obvious Drew/Rollins feud that will happen for 2-3 PPVs post-WrestleMania, that being the main program with the WWE Title involved would be boring and literally mirror Rollins/Corbin last year. the only other real Heel is Styles but i dont see them giving Styles another feud with the title involved.

·
Registered
359 Posts
What about Lashley feuding with Drew? I mean he's also a heel, but I mean personally I don't want to see Bobby feud with Drew until he gets a better hype person. (because both him and lana are just horrible on the mic.)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What do you think will happen? Vince cannot get over the shield..Roman is already back in the title picture.. Next will be Seth....Until both these guys are done I dont think the product is going to be anything different from the train wreck we see every week....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Rollins is a great guy to be McIntyre's first feud after Mania, good wrestler, good heel and could put on some great PPV calibre matches with Drew.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,897 Posts
Seth losing at Mania then rebounding straight into a World Title feud sounds like a Vince thing to do but it has it's merit with Seth now finding his footing with the MNM Heel role and with a faction to back him up you have somebody(Drew) who can actually handle himself enough unlike KO who's literally a guy who looks like he'd get his ass kicked regularly and does get his ass kicked regularly.

I'd prefer AJ as his starter feud but my bias would make me want Drew to job to AJ so I'm kinda hoping that doesn't happen too early.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I mean, Seth is the number 1 guy on RAW. It's only natural Drew will have to go through him at some point.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,070 Posts
Even if Drew dethrones Brock and gets massively over in the process a Rollins feud will suck the life out of everything. Has Seth ever had a genuinely good feud? The guys just such a dud in every regard that he cant do feuds, and McIntyre isn't much better.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,736 Posts
It’s inevitable. There are no other heels except for Orton. AJ is gonna get destroyed at Mania so I doubt they run that feud. He will feud with Rollins and probably Jinder Mahal when he makes his return in a 3MB feud.

·
Registered
217 Posts
He has to- makes perfect sense as Rollins also bear Brock for the title last mania.

however this feud should be 2 months tops.

You have a lot of other cool opponents such as Owens in a cool face vs face feud, heel Samoa Joe, Edge at summer slam, Orton as well as possible draft picks from Smackdown like Roman or Bray .

Alister black in several months if properly build is also cool option

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
McIntyre is not beating Lesnar.

Already McIntyre has got the better of Lesnar at the rumble and on Raw. Dominating Lesnar in the buildup and then beating him at Wrestlemania is just not happening
This. I am a big fan of McIntyre, and he certainly deserves the big win. Assuming that WM 36 goes as planned (which I highly doubt), Lesnar will be booked to beat McIntyre.

Rollins shouldn't even be on RAW much less feuding with the top guys.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is always the concern with WWE, the follow up. It still doesn’t look like they’re building any heels up for Drew. A returning Joe maybe? NXT callup? Seth is death, he’s a dopey mid card heel. That would stifle Drew’s momentum straight away. AJ Styles? I can’t even think he’s beating Undertaker let alone challenging for the belt. That would be weak.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a feeling Drew will win. Not sure why but I'm getting a funny feeling that he will. Brocks just not active in the ring at all on Raw anymore... and that sucks. We deserve to have a champ to wrestle on their main brand. When was the last time brock had a match on Raw?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Sometimes WWE like to throw a curve ball and have an unlikely contender. If Drew wins I could see Kevin Owens or Rey Mysterio challenging him the night after Mania. Maybe even a stare down with Edge if he beats Orton.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
If Drew wins, he should drop the title to Rollins. Can't see a boring, white meat babyface like Drew having any more success than any of the other boring, white meat babyfaces that Vince has tried to push (including Rollins). A lengthy heal run with the belt for Rollins and his cult would be infinitely more interesting than a lengthy Drew title Reign.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,736 Posts
If Drew wins, he should drop the title to Rollins. Can't see a boring, white meat babyface like Drew having any more success than any of the other boring, white meat babyfaces that Vince has tried to push (including Rollins). A lengthy heal run with the belt for Rollins and his cult would be infinitely more interesting than a lengthy Drew title Reign.
Then it would just an Authority rehash. You’re just swapping Orton out for Buddy, Big Show and Kane for the AOP, while Rollins plays the chickenshit heel again. Except this time he swapped out the gold streak in his hair for a leather jacket. We got that already. I’d rather have McIntyre in a singles run.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Well, I’m a fan of Rollins and the two have had good matches fairly recently, and with Rollins having his lackeys, it sets up the familiar face overcoming all odds story that WWE loves to tell. I see nothing wrong with it.

If WWE had an actual creative & booking department, though, they would plan ahead for having a dominant face champion that will have a reign until at least SummerSlam. So, as a result they need to have strong heels to throw at him. Have Seth, a Orton, & Styles win their WM matches and boom you have 3 competent challengers out of the gate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts