Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's the truth but Bryan is a yes man and do what he told but if he was more like 90s HBK o r Hogan and pulled his power he would be main eventing wm cause lets face it Bryan has the power he has the fans by his side but he won't use his power and just let Vince/HHH treat him like a nobody.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yeah, standing up for yourself worked so well for CM Punk. Look at all the Manias he main-evented after standing up for himself.....

Oh wait.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Denial Bryan and indy marks complaining about Hogan, HBK, HHH and other using backstage politics for keeping their spot but now it would be okay for the indy darling to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Nah. I think WWE is pretty dead set on making Reigns the new golden boy. They would have called Bryan's bluff (on walking out) and moved on. They just don't care about him.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, standing up for yourself worked so well for CM Punk. Look at all the Manias he main-evented after standing up for himself.....

Oh wait.
Punk got over a year title reign and got to work a program with the rock its a shame he did'n main event a mania but rock vs cena at 28 was too big of a match not to main event.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
that's the truth but Bryan is a yes man and do what he told but if he was more like 90s HBK o r Hogan and pulled his power he would be main eventing wm cause lets face it Bryan has the power he has the fans by his side but he won't use his power and just let Vince/HHH treat him like a nobody.
Hogan is the biggest star in modern North American wrestling history. He transcended to mainstream culture. That is why he had so much backstage power.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Punk got over a year title reign and got to work a program with the rock its a shame he did'n main event a mania but rock vs cena at 28 was too big of a match not to main event.
A year title reign and how many Mania main events? No, Rock vs Cena already happened once so it didn't matter. Punk deserved that spot. And my point stands, he stood up for himself and he still didn't get the spot. Vince does not care what his talent wants or the fans. Vince only cares about what Vince wants.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Denial Bryan and indy marks complaining about Hogan, HBK, HHH and other using backstage politics for keeping their spot but now it would be okay for the indy darling to do it.
You just keep trying to be Black.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A year title reign and how many Mania main events? No, Rock vs Cena already happened once so it didn't matter. Punk deserved that spot. And my point stands, he stood up for himself and he still didn't get the spot. Vince does not care what his talent wants or the fans. Vince only cares about what Vince wants.
oh I agree Vince don't give a shit about talent or the fans but Daniel Bryan playing politics would had work this year cause Vince don't have the rock to save his ass like at 28 or 29 but like I said Bryan is too nice and just goes with the flow.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
No, CM Punk did not deserve to main event Wrestlemania, he didn't draw, Sorry but in the Wrestling Business you need to draw to main event huge shows, otherwise you do not deserve it.

Nor does Roman Reigns deserve to main event as he doesn't draw either.

Only men like Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, Rock, Cena, Ziggler, Lesnar, Rollins, Triple H and etc deserve to main event because they actually draw.

60,006 Posts
I wish he would assert himself more, but I'm not sure there would be an appreciable difference in his relative position in the company. Vince is a size queen and he seems rather intractable when it pertains to that belief.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Fair play to him. At the end of the day its all about being happy. I think Bryan is the type of guy that doesnt care about the things he cant controll. Its not worth getting all stressed out from shit that you have no controll in. He just shows up does his thing, gets a fat paycheck and stays happy. Thats the way to do it. Happiness above all. He even said he got the lowest score on ambition when wwe did personality tests on the wrestlers and overly ambitious people might make it far, get all the money and whatever but they are also usually the most stressed out and unhappy people.

Reactions: Lexrules

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
oh I agree Vince don't give a shit about talent or the fans but Daniel Bryan playing politics would had work this year cause Vince don't have the rock to save his ass like at 28 or 29 but like I said Bryan is too nice and just goes with the flow.
I would rather see DB just leave like Punk did. He is clearly just going to be shit on like Ziggler for the rest of his career if he stays in WWE. He could go back to being the American Dragon and go wrestle in ROH or New Japan. Shit, maybe even go to TNA for a while. I don't care but he needs to get out of WWE while he is still kind of young. Don't waste his career jobbing for Vince. This is why i worry about the NXT guys. I don't want guys like Zayn, Owens, Kenta or Balor to get called up because we all know how that is going to turn out. They will be fed to Reigns and end up as jobbers. Much like how Charlotte and Sasha will be fed to the Bellas twins.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Maybe, but I doubt it, I think Vince and Co were going to give the Lesnar rub to Reigns no matter what.

Though I do think if Bryan made threats about walking out he could have made it a triple threat match.

But whatever like the above poster said, if Bryan is happy more power to him.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
That's how the fucking world works.

Bryan's probably a nice guy, and a talented one with that, yet he gets fucked for not being an asshole like his predecessors were. Welcome to 2015.

Anyway, to be honest, like someone said, they wouldn't have cared, I think. Right now, I'm on the verge of thinking WWE would take Bryan leaving as a blessing, so they finally don't have to try EVERY SINGLE THING to bury him because he wasn't handpicked.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
No, CM Punk did not deserve to main event Wrestlemania, he didn't draw, Sorry but in the Wrestling Business you need to draw to main event huge shows, otherwise you do not deserve it.

Nor does Roman Reigns deserve to main event as he doesn't draw either.

Only men like Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, Rock, Cena, Ziggler, Lesnar, Rollins, Triple H and etc deserve to main event because they actually draw.
And how would you determine if CM Punk could draw when he never fucking had a chance to main event anything? Even as champ, he was always mid-carding title matches while Cena had the main event. lol So wtf are you basing that on? Punk was popular as hell during his face run with the title and even outsold Cena that one month in merchandise so I don't believe for a second that he couldn't draw. If you are going to say that shit then show your evidence.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Being an asshole backstage didn't help his case either.

Reactions: RLStern

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
As long as Bryan is happy and doing what he loves thats all that matters.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
And how would you determine if CM Punk could draw when he never fucking had a chance to main event anything?
:eek:ut

Punk recieved way too many chances to main event, they should've quit after he failed to draw after the Jeff Hardy rub in 2009:

And Punk received more than enough rubs:

- Beat Edge on his Raw debut for the World Title

-Beat One of WWE's Top Draws in Jeff Hardy in 2009

-Beat Rey Mysterio in 2010

-Beat Top Draw John Cena in 2011

Even as champ, he was always mid-carding title matches while Cena had the main event.
Because he was drawing like a mid-carder. Cena, Daniel Bryan/AJ Lee storyline, and Team Hell No were more popular than Punk in 2012.

Punk was popular as hell during his face run with the title and even outsold Cena that one month in merchandise so I don't believe for a second that he couldn't draw. If you are going to say that shit then show your evidence.
CM Punk's merchandise also outsold The Rock's merchandise, yet CM Punk never in his life outdrew The Rock.

Likewise, CM Punk's merchandise outsold John Cena & Rock's Merchandise... :clap :clap :clap good for Punk...

Still never outdrew John Cena and The Rock.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts