Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know that Benoit has been blacklisted from the wwe with his name being erased from the history books. This has caused a lot of anger with the iwc and the wwe universe general but I think that the majority agree with Vince about his expulsion from wwe's records.

What Id like to know is do you think TNA would of handled it any differently ?

This is just me being curious in what people think so can we keep the "he shouldnt be erased from history/hes a killer of course he should" debate out of this one.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
TNA wouldn't be able to handle the backlash from all sides (unlike WWE) and would went out of business. Basically a win - win situation for all sides.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Benoit was too closely associated with WWE at the time, and Vince McMahon is always going to err on the side of caution when it comes to these things. I don't think he would be as extreme with his reactions, and would possibly ease a few of the restrictions, but the fact is that on Wrestlemania XX you still have a murderer winning your title.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Probably not given the circumstances surrounding what happened. As for keeping the "He shouldn't be erased from history/He's a killer of course he should" debate... that's the almost the entirety of any discussion about Chris Benoit presently.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They wouldn't erase him, but prob will move on like WWE too.

But that'd give WWE more reason to not mention him.

Though I wonder what'd happen if someone like Flair or Hogan died while with TNA. Would WWE mention it or what? I know WCW mentioned it when Owen died, and TNA did when Eddie died.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.