Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bret vs AUstin at WM 14 for the title was planned right after WM 13. Vince regretted big time the decision to do Sid vs Taker for the title once the buy rate and critics' response for WM 13 and planned to do a WM 13 rematch the next year. That match was planned from right after WM 13 until late Aug 97. When DX started getting over and HBK taking Bret's heat Vince changed plans, Bret knew immediately after WM 13 that WM 14 was going to be Austin's coronation and was fine with that. People's H20 is right this was planned, Had Vince released HBKJ after the June 9th fight, you book Bret in Shawn's place from Sept 97 until WM 14. Keeping Bret over HBK would have meant a happy lockeroom outside of HHH

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Bret would have likely not have been forced to retire. HBK wouldn't have done the casket match and spent 4 years out with his fake back injury.

Everything really did work out for the best in 99/00 with those two out the way.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
i made one topic on it get off my dick
You seem to have a weird fantasy creating two similar topics just weeks apart and then making other weird comments on top of that. You have made two similar topics, not just one. When a topic is shit, I call people out on it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Fantasy booking:

Bret is staying, but leak out that he’s leaving and Montreal will be his last match. WCW will deny it but nobody would believe them.

Screw Bret in Montreal. Bret will disappear for awhile with everyone assuming he’ll appear at WCW at some point. Meanwhile he continues to bash the WWF in interviews and his column in the sun.

Austin wins the title over Shawn as planned and starts his rivalry with Mr. McMahon. We keep the dude love feud as is.

king of the ring 98 is announced as a triple threat between Austin/Kane and a mystery opponent. During the end of the match Kane and McMahon are beating down Austin and Bret’s music hits. Vince looks like he’s just seen a ghost. They square off and Bret turns and puts Austin in the sharpshooter. Vince calls for the bell. Austin has been screwed. Vince and Bret embrace. Bret is the champion he wants. One who exudes class. Bret is the corporate champion.

vince says no title shots for Austin unless he can beat Kane, Owen and Foley in a gauntlet match at Fully Loaded. Bret beats undertaker and Austin wins the gauntlet setting up a blockbuster main event in the Garden at Summerslam.

Austin beats Bret at summerslam. They make a big deal that breakdown is in Canada and how Bret has the advantage. Bret wins. They have a rematch at judgement day with a no contest and Shane uses his authority to call for a tournament at Survivor Series. Replace foley with Bret in this situation and it’s Bret vs The Rock in the finals with Bret getting screwed and Vince going with the younger The Rock.

bret vs The Rock for Rock Bottom (in Canada), Royal Rumble and St. Valentines Day Massacre. All screwy finishes.

wrestlemania 15: Bret vs Vince and Austin vs Rock. Bret wins and Austin gets his title back despite all the obstacles.

·
Likes wrestling....
11,410 Posts
He continues his undefeated streak over Austin

edit if there is no screw job there is no attitude era
The Attitude era was a train that was already picking up steam. It was not slowing down or derailing.

The greater culture of the world was changing. It was well underway. The smaller promotions in America and Japan had already figured it out. It just took longer for the WWE and WCW to get on board. It was only a matter of time regardless of this event.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When Vince didnt release HBK after the June 9th Raw fight you knew he was getting rid of Bret. HBK wanted to go to WCW and was vocal about it, had Vince granted it Bret stays and puts over Austin at WM 14 and then the Rock at WM 15.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
The Attitude era was a train that was already picking up steam. It was not slowing down or derailing.

The greater culture of the world was changing. It was well underway. The smaller promotions in America and Japan had already figured it out. It just took longer for the WWE and WCW to get on board. It was only a matter of time regardless of this event.
So we still get to see Austin beat Lita with a chair, undertaker hanging boss man, brawl for all, meat and pms, choppy choppy pee pee, birth of a hand, Mae young flashing, Trish barking like a dog et al … excellent ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So we still get to see Austin beat Lita with a chair, undertaker hanging boss man, brawl for all, meat and pms, choppy choppy pee pee, birth of a hand, Mae young flashing, Trish barking like a dog et al … excellent ;)
Proabably, Bret Hart didnt have a say over the overall product, just creative control over his character, matches and storylines, but maybe his backstage influence could of had Vince Jr force Russo to tone down the worser excesses of the Attitude Era.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Bret being involved in the main event at 14 would ruin the Tyson angle. Tyson can't be around some lame Canadian nationalist. No offense to Bret it was a good angle but watching Tyson hang out with a bunch of doofuses waiving the Canadian flag is a hard pass.

I'd just have him face Shamrock. Then he could put Austin over in place of Foley the following 2 months.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Bret being involved in the main event at 14 would ruin the Tyson angle. Tyson can't be around some lame Canadian nationalist. No offense to Bret it was a good angle but watching Tyson hang out with a bunch of doofuses waiving the Canadian flag is a hard pass.

I'd just have him face Shamrock. Then he could put Austin over in place of Foley the following 2 months.
That why I was saying eariler the whole Mike Tyson storyline would be out of place, I agree a Bret Hart vs Ken Shamrock match at a ppv like Wrestlemania sounds great, however how do you get the belt on Austin? That was the whole point at Wrestlemania 14.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
That why I was saying eariler the whole Mike Tyson storyline would be out of place, I agree a Bret Hart vs Ken Shamrock match at a ppv like Wrestlemania sounds great, however how do you get the belt on Austin? That was the whole point at Wrestlemania 14.
That one is easy. Austin wins at WM v Shawn. Getting the belt on Shawn is going to be the tougher task as Bret and Shawn are still going to behave like little children around each other.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts