Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
Punk would and should because he is the future.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Punk would probably win, especially if the match dwindled down to "The Beer-Guzzling ******* v. The Straight Edge Guy", WWE would likely put the latter over in the end just for the sake of it.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Shouldn't happen for at least a few years to give Punk a chance to be in the main event more often. But if it's now, just let Austin win.

There's no reason Punk should go over Austin at all. Not now.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Nobody would go over Austin in a feud ever. He's just too prideful (almost Hogan like) for that.

Only reason Rock went over him at WM 19 was to compensate for all the time Austin had buried his (candy) ass in their past feuds. Austin won 3 feuds over him to be precise before their WM 19 program.

Plus I don't think Punk/Austin will ever happen unless one of them turns heel. Them trying hard to one up each other on the mic just by being a smart ass week in week out, which is how I envision a face Punk face Austin feud would be, will get repetitive too quickly.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Nobody would go over Austin in a feud ever. He's just too prideful (almost Hogan like) for that.

Only reason Rock went over him at WM 19 was to compensate for all the time Austin had buried his (candy) ass in their past feuds. Austin won 3 feuds over him to be precise before their WM 19 program.

Plus I don't think Punk/Austin will ever happen unless one of them turns heel. Them trying hard to one up each other on the mic just by being a smart ass week in week out, which is how I envision a face Punk face Austin feud would be, will get repetitive too quickly.
Actually Austin is too smart.
He doesn't want it to be a Lesnar fuckup.

He'd put over Jericho for the UT at Vengance 2000. He'll put over someone if it makes sense for "Stone Cold" to do it. But if he thinks it'll ruin the character (nowhere near as bad as Hogan) he won't do it. He was just smart in it. Remember, Austin was *the* guy who pretty much saved the WWE and made it the AE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts