Wrestling Forum banner

Who should Steve Austin face if he has one more match in him?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you are going to say, "never gonna happen," and maybe you're right. However, Shawn Michaels' just posted on Twitter saying he saw Stone Cold and that he looks better than ever. Maybe Austin has gotten himself into great shape and has had enough time off that he feels he could do one more match? God knows Vince would pay him astronomical amounts to wrestle at Wrestlemania.

So if he was to agree to one more match, I would make it next year at Wrestlemania 28. I have no idea who I would put him against though. They could either go with an established main eventer or give a new up-and-comer a nice rub, even if they lose to him. Here would be some good choices, in my opinion:

Steve Austin vs. Undertaker
Steve Austin vs. John Cena
Steve Austin vs. Randy Orton
Steve Austin vs. Ted DiBiase, Jr
Steve Austin vs. Sheamus

But ultimately, in my dream world, I would have a face Austin defeat a heel Cena with help from a face Orton, and have them celebrate with beers at the end of the show. Would be really cool if they built it up by having Cena go on a sadistic power-trip leading into it. Probably never gonna happen, I know, but one can dream, can't he?

Who would you guys have Stone Cold Steve Austin face if he had one more match left in him?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well,that that you posted only if he turns heel at this years WM (Cena Vs Orton but Punk plays the Mr. McMahon role :D)

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Vs. CM Punk could potentially be one of the best storylines of the past decade.

I'd honestly be more excited for how the buildup to the match would be rather than the actual match itself.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Cena most definitely. If not him, then Orton. Punk is very talented, probably more-so than Orton but he's still not on the level of either Orton or Cena in terms of star power. Having Austin face Punk in his last match would be a waste.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one. I would love to see a wrestler stay retired for a chance.
Yes. But this thread is not titled, "Should Austin stay retired or not?"

Please follow the rules of the forum and try to respond to threads appropriately. Thank you. :)

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Austin has been capable of wrestling a match since 2006..he's not gonna do it because he doesn't want to end up having a bad match and not holding up his side.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Vs Punk would be a natural storyline but thats so obvious...

I'd like to see him agains Orton as basically they're making Orton the new rattlesnake...(gimmickwise)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Cena easily. I'd rather have a respect fued, (ala HOF 09) w/ Austin handing Cena a beer, the face of this generation vs the face of last generation kind of thing, but Cena would get his ass booed out the building so it would be unfair, maybe turn Cena heel in that case.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
If I was to have Austin back for one match where he could work a proper match I'd get Rock back and go for the dream triple threat match of the Attitude Era. Austin-Rock-HHH

·
Registered
340 Posts
punk
you have a ready made storyline and punk vs austin wouldnt be that bad in the ring either unless Austin is more beat up than he looks

austin vs cena is not a dream match at all imo, 80% of people who watched austins era do not give a shit about cena (guess modern day fans wont care for austin that much either but not sure)
Rock vs Hogan was a dream match because both where still very popular at the time due to fans of hogans era still watching wrestling (only around 5 years since hogan was still on with the nwo at its peak) and alot of newer fans + non wcw fans loved the rock (although we all remember how the fans reacted during the match lol)

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
It would be Cena, 'nuff said. For the record, Austin has actually said recently that his neck is 100% and he'd be perfectly able to get back in the ring for one last match - or even one last light schedule - anytime he wants, but only if he felt he could perform to the same standard and it was a truly big money match against the right guy.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would be Cena, 'nuff said. For the record, Austin has actually said recently that his neck is 100% and he'd be perfectly able to get back in the ring for one last match - or even one last light schedule - anytime he wants, but only if he felt he could perform to the same standard and it was a truly big money match against the right guy.
I haven't seen this. You wouldn't have a link, would you?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
CM Punk and it's not even close. The promos would be worthit alone.

It's almost poetic, the beer-guzzling, stone cold stunning ******* vs the straight edge superstar from Chicago.

Cena should be reserved for The Rock, in similar fashion of Hogan vs Rock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wouldnt want it to be Cena or Orton purely because the sight of him jobbing to either of those two would be terrible. I couldnt bear having Cena or Orton go on about having a victory over Austin.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts