Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the whole Tamina relationship with Santino as being a ploy to screw him out of the titles when they face the USO's.

Even if she did do the cobra on Jimmy/ or was it Jey. It is the worst finisher in the entire world and if think Jimmy/ or Jey would forgive Tamina for hitting him with the cobra if it meant them winning the tag titles.

·
Really?
184 Posts
I'm thoroughly disappointed this is the best they could come up with for the tag titles.

However, I think because Tamina hit the cobra on whichever Uso it was, it is unlikely she will be returning to them because whilst they can try and pull off that Punk is now leading The Nexus after being attacked by them previously, doing it again with the likes of the Usos would be a bit of a joke.

Oh, and I say "whichever Uso it was" because I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two. I spend more time trying to work out "is this Jey or Jimmy?" in their matches than I do actually concentrating on the match itself.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I'm thoroughly disappointed this is the best they could come up with for the tag titles.

However, I think because Tamina hit the cobra on whichever Uso it was, it is unlikely she will be returning to them because whilst they can try and pull off that Punk is now leading The Nexus after being attacked by them previously, doing it again with the likes of the Usos would be a bit of a joke.

Oh, and I say "whichever Uso it was" because I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two. I spend more time trying to work out "is this Jey or Jimmy?" in their matches than I do actually concentrating on the match itself.
Most fans probably don't even remember Punk got attacked by the Nexus when they first attacked. That's really your reason not to do this storyline? I'd rather see Tamina screw Santino, thus bringing the tag titles to a real tag team. Jey and Jimmy should just wear different coloured tights.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think the Usos could feud with them for the belts but I don't think it would involve a Tamina double cross nor do I think a good way to start the feud is giving the Usos a cheap win and then get destroyed after the match. Then again given the state of the tag division what do you really expect?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
how many tag teams are there for santinolov to feud with again?...

I think at this point the divas division is more relevant then the tag division, last year some credibility was brought back with the likes of jeri-show and showmiz, heck and even with dx holding them...now we have a team consisting of comedy jobbers and the only real "threat" that they have are a team few care about

·
Registered
285 Posts
The tag titles are completely irrelevant. Proof of that is that a comedy act is wearing them. And I agree that the Cobra is a stupid "finisher." It's downright insulting to the viewers' intelligence. Stop writing for the kids already!!!!

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
The fact of the matter is, this comedy act is pretty fucking over so why not give them a run with the titles. Who knows? A nice little run could give both of them some credibility. Kozlov used to be a viable contender for the top strap and Santino is leaps and bounds better than the character he portrays on WWE tv. So I'm actually enjoying them as tag champs, if for nothing else, the lulz.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Are they going to play the card of Tamina used to be with the Uso's in this fued? Absolutely, I will be really suprised if they don't.

Is Tamina going to screw Santino and Kozlov to help the Uso's win the titles? Eh..it's possible I guess, it really wouldn't shock me if it happened. However, even though the Uso's are not currently seen as a relevant tag team to hold the titles, besides Nexus and Kidd/Andrews, are there even any teams to take the titles off of Santino/Kozlov, because as of right now i'm drawing a blank.

It's sad really, to see how far the tag team division has fallen.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Well hey, it's better than just not using the tag champs at all like they have been doing.

The fact of the matter is, this comedy act is pretty fucking over so why not give them a run with the titles. Who knows? A nice little run could give both of them some credibility. Kozlov used to be a viable contender for the top strap and Santino is leaps and bounds better than the character he portrays on WWE tv. So I'm actually enjoying them as tag champs, if for nothing else, the lulz.
Agreed; at least the tag titles are on an over team and are featured weekly again. But how many teams do they have to feud with? Literally they have just one left, not counting Nexus. What a mess...

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
This is a bit off the exact topic here, but thought I would mention it here as I was thinking about it the other night but didn't really feel like starting a thread on The Uso's lol.

Anyway, I was trying to think about how WWE could breathe some life back into the tag team division. When Santino fought Jimmy or Jay on Raw (God knows I can't tell the difference between the two because they wear the exact same ring gear now...) Michael Cole made mention once again of Rikishi being the father of the Uso's. The connection has been mentioned sparatically since their debut against the Hart Dynasty, but has never been fully pushed, or at least not in the same light as Tamina's relationship to Super Fly Jimmy Snuka.

What if WWE were to bring Rikishi back in a manager's type role for the Uso's and they formed a Samoan stable. It would do a lot for the Uso's, giving them something to give them some relevancy, and could really establish them as the top threat in the tag team division.

A Rikishi lead stable could follow the same path the Uso's seemed to be on when they first debuted - about being a "wrestling family" just like the Harts but never getting the respect they deserved. They could easily broaden their motivation to not just proving to the Hart family that they are better, but prove it to everyone in the WWE Universe that they should be respected.

I know that when Rikishi was released by WWE, it was in regards to an issue over his weight and his refusal to go on a diet. However, I feel like they parting of ways was between the two was kept civil and the option of future work in WWE would be available...at least I think...

After Wrestlemania, Bret Hart had stuck around and really helped to get fans to care (somewhat) about the Hart Dynasty in building them up to their tag titles victory. I think Rikishi could do the same for the Uso's. Anyway, just a thought...

·
Registered
139 Posts
if you guys are this upset by santino holding the tag titles, boy are you gonna be angry when they make him WHC...

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Why is that whenever a superstar and a diva go into an on-screen relationship, creative always has to have the chick turn on him? Can't they just pretend to be a couple and leave it at that? Jeez.

Sorry. I'm still getting over Goldust and Aksana....:no:

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Well it was announced that the winner of NXT 4 will have a shot at the Tag Titles, with his Pro. So add one of those teams into the Tag Division.

Not only that but..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Oopps. Sorry, I fell asleep. Were we talking about the Tag Division?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Well it was announced that the winner of NXT 4 will have a shot at the Tag Titles, with his Pro. So add one of those teams into the Tag Division.

Not only that but..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Oopps. Sorry, I fell asleep. Were we talking about the Tag Division?

LOL! Very good point. Talking about WWE's Tag Team division may be worse than any WWE Hall of Fame threads. It isn't right now but I definitely agree with you Todd.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts

I would love to see Punk come out and cut a promo on Santino & Kozlov being complete jokes towards the WWE & the Tag Titles setting it up for Nexus to take back the belts and then go after the United States title and the WWE Title and become a big force again. Since they would have the Tag Titles they can run wild on Smackdown as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well hey, it's better than just not using the tag champs at all like they have been doing.

Agreed; at least the tag titles are on an over team and are featured weekly again. But how many teams do they have to feud with? Literally they have just one left, not counting Nexus. What a mess...
Interestingly enough, I could see Nexus feuding with Santino and Koslov. Remember, Barrett promised to make every member of Nexus champions as he was pleading for their support before his cage match. Perhaps Punk making good on Barrett's promise could solidify some credibility to the stable and Punk.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
its... almost a storyline? which is more than theyve had for the tag titles for a long time. so in a way its not so bad.

on smackdown a few weeks ago santino tried to kiss beth phoniex, this and the whole tamina thing has a whole 'been there, done that' feel to it makes me think tamina will screw them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I could see Kozlov turning heel and screwing Santino, more so then Tamina, or both screw him over. I think them hitting the cobras proved that the Uso's are more of a joke then then Santino and Kozlov and pretty much ended their short feud. It could happen where Dibiase pays off Kozlov and Tamina, Kozlov and Dibiase become tag champs. Then maybe Tamina would be Dibiase's eye candy after he dumps Maryse. Even though they are treating Dibiase like the ultimate jobber lately.

·
the endorse who set the course
8,677 Posts
Anyone see the whole Tamina relationship with Santino as being a ploy to screw him out of the titles when they face the USO's.

Even if she did do the cobra on Jimmy/ or was it Jey. It is the worst finisher in the entire world and if think Jimmy/ or Jey would forgive Tamina for hitting him with the cobra if it meant them winning the tag titles.
yea man, i called that the first time tamina and santino did something together months ago. it's a lock to happen. usos need more heat, they'll have it when that goes down. they need to build it a little longer, about another month.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts