Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think he is right person to form a backlash style group with former Nexus members? He is crap in the ring but relatively decent on the mic and I could see the likes of Young and Tarver gravitating towards him. It would make a decent mini stable in the short term and would give the likes of Gabriel and Slater someone to feud with for the tag titles.

·
A game brought
1,013 Posts
Maybe, but I doubt he will become a face, especially since Tarver and Otunga are natural heels imo. If that were to happen, however; we'd need a face WWE stable to counteract one or both of the groups.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think they could have Tarver come back and try to muscle his way against Nexus for payback against Barrett turning his back on him, and then maybe he would try to recruit Otunga and other members of Nexus to join him. And then may be he would try to bring in Skip as they didnt go down with injuries that far apart.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
They're building him as the ego that is going to tear Nexus apart, so I don't doubt that he'll be a face some time soon. Unfortunately that means they have plans for him, so he'll be sticking around for a while yet.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The self proclaimed he's got the IT factor on NXT s1 is not getting too much attention nor crowd reaction. He'll be probably a jobber later on if he's out of Nexus unless they have a good storyline later on for him. The only thing keeping his career now is being in Nexus.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i hope otunga does leave the nexus and feuds with barrett. he is the only one that has any type of personality in the group outside of barrett who is the mouth piece. why do people continously knock his wrestlign skills. its the wwe. when has wrestling ever been the main focus of making a main eventer? try again people. i much rather people use the jennifer hudson reason(which is also weak) to hate the guy. ultimate warrior and dave batista were two of the worst wrestlers ever in the history of the biggest but were two of the companies biggest draws. warrior didnt even have mic skills and rarely had a match that lasted longer than five minutes. so that excuse is just a reason to hate on otunga. wade barrett, the guy that you guys drool over almost broke mark henry's neck with a botched finisher and has honestly had some terrible matches himself. the match he had at the bragging rights ppv was a snoozefest. so every one has their faults that can be pointed out

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
No, David doesn't need another stable that holds him back.

After Nexus is done or he is not with them anymore, it's time for his main event push.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Does anyone think he is right person to form a backlash style group with former Nexus members? He is crap in the ring but relatively decent on the mic and I could see the likes of Young and Tarver gravitating towards him. It would make a decent mini stable in the short term and would give the likes of Gabriel and Slater someone to feud with for the tag titles.
Can we call it the Blexus? /race based snipe @ WWF

·
Registered
402 Posts
lmao @ blexus ahahahahhha

·
Registered
799 Posts
I don't mind the guy.. Ya know to be in the main event you don't have to be a good wrestler. As long as he gets a bit of a reaction from the crowd,, then hes doing good.

I don't like Otunga personally, but his Mic skills is quite impressive.
He acts so confident when he's speaking. It looks almost naturalistic

·
Registered
402 Posts
I hope you're being sarcastic =/

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Just my opinion, but I actually have a much better impression of Otunga now than I did in NXT, especially since WWE hasn't been using that stupid "A-List" name as much as they used to. I think he's a fine talker, and obviously he has a ways to go in the ring, but he strikes me as the kind of wrestler that can play both the babyface and heel role. A lot of wrestlers can't do that.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
Don't insult Ultimate Warrior or Batista they could take bumps and actually not botch power moves.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I want him to have a gimmick thats all about how he sucks in the ring. They kind of did it on NXT for awhile everyone was shitting on him and making fun of him to his face. Barrett said to him that he's seen Khali move around the ring with more grace than he did. I think it would be funny if they kept that up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
He is pretty terrible, same emotion on the mic regardless of the situation. He is gonna be one of those guys like ahmed johnson that just hurt people in the ring, he will be fired.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts