Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think if aj styles showed up on raw or a wwe ppv today that he would get a loud pop or no 1 would know him? i always wondered. what you guys think?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
John Cena would immediately come out, shout "Who...the hell...are you?", and berry AJ Styles like a grape.
Or Triple H would say something like, "Hey AJ...you've become even less manly since splitting up with Hornswoggle. Nice hair cut though. Good luck in the divas division."

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Depends on the audience. I think if AJ were to show up backstage or something of the sort, most likely, a low to mid-carder would address him. Probably a Santino, McIntyre, or Ziggler confrontation.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
He would probably be disrespected by some wrestlers... But you wouldn't hear it over the crowd pop.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Only a very small portion of the crowd whould have a clue who he was unless it happened in Florida or maybe North Carolina, but even then it probably wouldn't be very big. He could get over after a couple months, but you know he'd be feuding with Justin Gabriel or Heath Slater on SmackDown with very little spotlight to work with.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Only a very small portion of the crowd whould have a clue who he was unless it happened in Florida or maybe North Carolina, but even then it probably wouldn't be very big. He could get over after a couple months, but you know he'd be feuding with Justin Gabriel or Heath Slater on SmackDown with very little spotlight to work with.
Only if the bookers has suffered some form of head injury.

Most-likely, he would skip FCW due to his national fame, & they would know his talent & know the fans know his talent, so he would get some decent feud... Though maybe in the Tag Division.

·
3,350 Posts
Only if the bookers has suffered some form of head injury.

Most-likely, he would skip FCW due to his national fame, & they would know his talent & know the fans know his talent, so he would get some decent feud... Though maybe in the Tag Division.
He'd most definetley skip FCW. It wouldn't take long for the WWE Universe to take a liking to Styles. But if history has taught us anything, to Vince it doesn't matter how popular a guy is, if he wasn't invovled in making them that way, they have a difficult road ahead of them. A Tag Team with Bourne would be sweet, and a Kofi heel turn/repackaging as a product of that whould be a sweet bonus.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
But if history has taught us anything, to Vince it doesn't matter how popular a guy is, if he wasn't invovled in making them that way, they have a difficult road ahead of them. A Tag Team with Bourne would be sweet, and a Kofi heel turn/repackaging as a product of that whould be a sweet bonus.
I sincerely hope you're not guessing what would happen to Styles based on what happened with Monty Brown, who had no business in any televised company.

Also, I see nothing wrong with "Air Boom" as a team, nor anything that could be gained from splitting them. I agree that Styles should skip FCW, but why not team a known talent with a promising unknown?

·
3,350 Posts
I sincerely hope you're not guessing what would happen to Styles based on what happened with Monty Brown, who had no business in any televised company.

Also, I see nothing wrong with "Air Boom" as a team, nor anything that could be gained from splitting them. I agree that Styles should skip FCW, but why not team a known talent with a promising unknown?
Actually I forgot about Monty Brown. I was figuratively comparing Styles to a guy like DDP. A legit main event talent relegated to sad mid card jobber. At best Styles' WWE success would be somewhere between RVD and Rey Mysterio. Either that or he'd mirror CM Punk's early frustrations in the company.

Aside from their name, I don't have anything against Air Boom. Your suggestion would be just as good, if not better.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Actually I forgot about Monty Brown. I was figuratively comparing Styles to a guy like DDP. A legit main event talent relegated to sad mid card jobber. At best Styles' WWE success would be somewhere between RVD and Rey Mysterio. Either that or he'd mirror CM Punk's early frustrations in the company.

Aside from their name, I don't have anything against Air Boom. Your suggestion would be just as good, if not better.
You cannot seriously compare a guy like AJ to DDP. Outside of the initial-names, they have nothing in common. DDP was far at the other end of his career when he worked for Vince, & his work in TNA would prove that.

Ironically, I used to be against the idea of bringing-up newer stars in tag teams. However, this was mainly b/c I felt it would leave a question of which (if either) was the greater talent. With AJ, not known for his work in WWE but certainly a name talent, this would not be a problem.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
If the show happened somewhere in Carter Country or in a big wrestling town like New York, Philadelphia or Chicago he would get a great response. Sadly he will never come to the WWE unless TNA goes out of business. He would never choose WWE over TNA. I'm pretty sure the WWE has tried to sign him before.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
If the show happened somewhere in Carter Country or in a big wrestling town like New York, Philadelphia or Chicago he would get a great response. Sadly he will never come to the WWE unless TNA goes out of business. He would never choose WWE over TNA. I'm pretty sure the WWE has tried to sign him before.
1] I agree WWE has had both he & Daniels take part in matches before & not signed them.

2] I agree he will not leave TNA for WWE until (when, not if) it goes out of business.

3] However, I disagree the town would make a difference in the crowd reaction.

·
3,350 Posts
You cannot seriously compare a guy like AJ to DDP. Outside of the initial-names, they have nothing in common. DDP was far at the other end of his career when he worked for Vince, & his work in TNA would prove that.

Ironically, I used to be against the idea of bringing-up newer stars in tag teams. However, this was mainly b/c I felt it would leave a question of which (if either) was the greater talent. With AJ, not known for his work in WWE but certainly a name talent, this would not be a problem.
I meant to compare their time at the top of their respective company's and what they meant to them. DDP was a huge name in WCW much like AJ is for TNA now. The only difference is that TNA isn't near as popular or as well known as WCW was. To think any TNA homegrown talent would get some massive ovation for a surprise debut/run in is wishful thinking at best, but that doesn't mean they couldn't eventually earn a following.

If AJ Styles was a surprise entrant in the next Royal Rumble, the reaction he'd get would be similar to that of what Alex Riley gets now.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Alright, let's logic this bitch.

Raw gets watch by 4-5 million people a night, correct? TNA get's watched by 1-2 million people a night. If we assume that the people who pay money to go to the live shows are the more "Hardcore" fans. And we also assume that TNA and WWE has fan overlap. Then a substantial portion of the audience could know who he is, and thus mark like schoolgirls.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Alright, let's logic this bitch.

Raw gets watch by 4-5 million people a night, correct? TNA get's watched by 1-2 million people a night. If we assume that the people who pay money to go to the live shows are the more "Hardcore" fans. And we also assume that TNA and WWE has fan overlap. Then a substantial portion of the audience could know who he is, and thus mark like schoolgirls.
That was the worst logic ever...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'd be like, "Holy shit, that's AJ Styles" and then I would then log onto this forum and be like, "Holy shit, that was AJ Styles."

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, roughly 1 million people watch TNA. About 4.5 million give or take a few 100k watch RAW. So maybe 1/4 of the crowd would know who AJ Styles is (more or less depending on the location).

Regardless, he'd be a new person for hhh to bury so I'm sure he'd be accept with open arms. Open, shovel bearing arms.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts