Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If AJ does win the title at Bound for Glory and he does beat Bully Ray to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion then I would definitely love to see AJ with the belt only to have a walk-out angle similar to what Punk did when he won the title from Cena at Money in the Bank 2011, Punk won the title and then he walked out of the company and then they ended up having a tournament to determine just who would become the new WWE Champion only for Cena to win the tournament to become the champion and then cue Punk's return and then you had Punk vs Cena at SummerSlam 2011 to determine the new WWE Undisputed Champion

Then I would love to see TNA take this route with AJ winning the title and then Dixie wanting to crown a new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, you could have another tournament but nothing like the Bound for Glory series and you have a tournament of 16 superstars to crown a new TNA World Champion, you have 8 First Round matches and then 2nd Round Matches are the Quarter-Finals with only 8 superstars left and then you have the 3rd Round Matches that being the semi-finals with the Final Four and then you have the tournament finals with whoever wins the tournament becoming the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion

Only for AJ Styles to make his dramatic return with the original TNA World Heavyweight Championship belt, you would have 2 champions and then you have Styles face off against the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion to determine who is the rightful champion

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
It's not a bad idea, I would just hate to see the constant topics by WWE dick riders about how TNA is stealing ideas etc ... even though all companies do this.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not a bad idea, I would just hate to see the constant topics by WWE dick riders about how TNA is stealing ideas etc ... even though all companies do this.
Exactly but with TNA just think about if they did this...TNA's ratings would go through the roof for sure because people would want to tune in every Thursday just to watch the tournament matches but also because it would add to the unpredictability of if AJ will show up because he could show up at any time

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
I wouldn't redo the tournament part about it. That's the part that killed me about the angle after Money In The Bank.

TNA should just be lost without a World Title, but AJ will come and attack or embarrass a heel straight out of the crowd.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't redo the tournament part about it. That's the part that killed me about the angle after Money In The Bank.

TNA should just be lost without a World Title, but AJ will come and attack or embarrass a heel straight out of the crowd.
Or instead of a tournament, TNA could have a 20-man over the top rope battle royal to determine the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, the first-ever 20-man over the top rope battle royal to determine the new champion and whoever wins the battle royal essentially becomes the new champion only for AJ to return to set up the 2 champions angle

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
You know, I gotta tell ya, man. I hate tournaments with a passion. Posting about this in another thread ...

They're just so boring. YOu have eight first round matches where you know at least 12 of those participants aren't going to win, then you have a lot of those guys in the next round too...

I think the way any one wants to book something is to have every match big and important and can't miss.

I do like the idea of AJ defending the title sarcastically. Like, "Yeah, I won again. Because I'm the best and I've always been the best even if Dixie didn't know it."

And I like the idea of him holding it hostage.

I just don't think a tournament is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or instead of a tournament, TNA could have a 20-man over the top rope battle royal to determine the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, the first-ever 20-man over the top rope battle royal to determine the new champion and whoever wins the battle royal essentially becomes the new champion only for AJ to return to set up the 2 champions angle

Plus with an over-the-top rope battle royal, you could have like a Royal Rumble type battle royal or just a plain-old fashioned battle royal with all the superstars in the ring at the same time, either way you crown a new TNA World Champion

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
No. I mean no 2 champions angle period. That would kill the entire urgency of the angle.

"Oh, my champion just lost his title to a guy who doesn't have a contract that I spent weeks in resolving the problem and avoiding the possibility of losing my property. WHat should I do? THAT'S RIGHT, make another one out of nowhere" :vince2

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
if AJ wins, but does not really have a contract (storyline), then couldn't Dixie strip AJ or not recognize him as the champion? Dixie is the boss and can pretty much do whatever she wants right? so Dixie can screw AJ?
although if she does strip AJ because he doesn't have a contract, then how can he still be around at all?
isn't that the same with AJ walking out. if he doesn't have a contract, what makes him walk out and be able to even walk back in if they are going to crown a new champion?

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or a Montreal Screwjob type of thing could happen with AJ Styles via Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels with Dixie being the Vince of the Screwjob and Bully Ray being the Shawn of the angle and AJ being the Bret of the angle

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Here's my shitty booking:
Bully piledrives AJ on the wood, AJ kicks out at 2.9.
Bully hits AJ with a hammer, he kicks out at 2.9999.
Ray lifts AJ dead weight and tells him "this is the end", Styles spins and hits the pele but Bully kicks out.
AJ goes outside, looks under the ring for a weapon and finds.... a guitar. Guitar shot to Bully, 1 2 3, new champ.

Next Thursday, Jarrett shows up during AJ's celebration and congratulates him on the win, both exchange compliments and respect. Until Ethan Carter, Roode and Bully show up with Dixie's security. The guards get hold of Styles and handcuff him, while Jarrett gets destroyed by Bully & Carter.

The week after, the show opens with video package of Jarrett being taken to the hospital and AJ saying whoever gets in his way will get dropped. Styles arrives on his bike and starts beating security backstage and Bad Influence, Bully/Ethan/Roode get scared and run to the ring. Styles eventually gets there but there's too many guards and they get the upper hand. Then lights out, Anderson appears and the babyfaces clear the ring.

Next ppv:
AJ vs Bully rematch
Anderson vs Roode
Ethan Carter vs Jarrett

Reactions: mr21gf

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I don't want them to copy the Punk angle. I think Styles may immediately be screwed out of the title the first Impact after BFG; with Magnus, Aries, or Anderson becoming Dixie's champion.

The important thing is not to have AJ as the champion; it's to have anyone other than Bully Ray as champion (through Lockdown).

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
I don't want them to copy the Punk angle. I think Styles may immediately be screwed out of the title the first Impact after BFG; with Magnus, Aries, or Anderson becoming Dixie's champion.

The important thing is not to have AJ as the champion; it's to have anyone other than Bully Ray as champion (through Lockdown).
:no:

AJ's the one not under contract with TNA, not Bully.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Aj takes the title - 3 month no belt storyline

Royal rumble /Battle royale/ King of the mountain match at genesis - give the start of year ppv a purpose like royal rumble
have AJ come out in a mask and win the belt twice

·
Banned
3,522 Posts
They will just probably elevate the x champion as the main champion IF AJ leaves with the belt. If they want to AJ v Aries at Genesis, this is probably the best way forward.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm all for the 20 man battle royal idea, but only if AJ shows up when there's 7-8 people left and wins it himself, picks up his own belt and leaves again.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If TNA is going somewhere with this AJ - champion with no contract angle it has to be radically different to WWE.

I love the storyline in WWE and thought WWE could have had Punk away for a lot longer they seemed to rush it. I love the idea of Dixie losing her world title belt and AJ showing up different places with the belt. Can they get him on television shows with the belt mocking Dixie? Can we have Dixie begging him back? Dixie recruiting Aces and Eights to go and find AJ?

Maybe something to do with the 30 day rule to defend the title and AJ returning at the last possible opportunity?

Lots of options just needs to be different to WWE, and I dont feel the title needs to be vacated or tournaments held.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts