Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last night's WWE Smackdown taping, Los Matadores faced the tag team of Los Locales, and according to a source, the team was Ricardo Rodriguez and Tyson Kidd working under masks. Rodriguez has been working as El Local for quite awhile at WWE NXT live events.

Thoughts on the new jobber tag team of Los Locales?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Re: Identity of Los Locales SD! Tag Team Revealed (BIG Spoiler_

INB4 the "OMG TYSON KIDD DESERVES BETTER!" posts.

I think it was only a one time deal so..

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

Pretty obviously a 1-time thing just to give the Matadores a win

But people are going to bitch and moan about how this new "gimmick" for Tyson Kidd sucks when they likely just needed a body to fill in the outfit and Kidd isn't ready to re-debut on TV.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

The El Local gimmick is fun. It reminds me on how much I miss jobbers.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

Yeah, anyone that's seen NXT and has two brain cells to rub together could have figured out that Ricardo Rodriguez is El Local - well, mostly anyway. I like that they gave Sami Zayn the outfit for one episode, I'd quite like it to be a running gag where El Local could be any given wrestler at a time. Imagine CM Punk wrestling under El Local? It would be awesome :lol

·
Banned
8,180 Posts

Yeah, anyone that's seen NXT and has two brain cells to rub together could have figured out that Ricardo Rodriguez is El Local - well, mostly anyway. I like that they gave Sami Zayn the outfit for one episode, I'd quite like it to be a running gag where El Local could be any given wrestler at a time. Imagine CM Punk wrestling under El Local? It would be awesome :lol
I agree, nice idea. I can just see Sheamus or another upper carder being put in match against El Loco and the crowd expecting another squash before he and Punk go on to have a half hour TV classic.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Before everyone starts bitching, look on the plus side, at least Tyson Kidd got TV Time...

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Ricardo split his suit mid-match.
Watch it. By mid-match his gut has burst through his ring gear.
I don't understand why Ricardo doesn't get in shape. He has such a great opportunity to transition from ring announcer to wrestler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts