Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they dropped the ball on the cm punk storyline last year, they brought him back to early then it turned into the nash/hhh show

they need to bring punk back to his tweener days last summer, align him with lesnar/heyman who he mentioned in his shoot last year

they form a faction of guys who are sick of "vince and the wwe" pitting them against hhh/vince/cena and others

this way they could tap into what they had last year with punk vs vince/hhh/cena and also heyman vs vince, lesnar vs hhh

summerslam could look something like this

hhh/lesnar
punk/cena
ambrose/foley

this could happen, but vince will screw it up, whats next vinces death 3.0

·
Registered
299 Posts
They didn't "drop the ball" with the CM Punk storyline last year. It was the best summer storyline in a while.

·
Premium Member
15,538 Posts
Supposedly, Vince is so pissed at Lesnar, he was on the verge of doing something "drastic" but HHH talked him out of it because he really wants the match at Summerslam, so HHH likely buried.

Not a good idea, IMO. I'd much rather see Punk/DB finish up at Summerslam then to see Punk involved with Lesnar/Heyman. I think Vince realizes now he should not have brought Brock back.

And Ambrose doesn't need to be in a high profile match. I've read that WWE has basically dropped his angle with Foley anyway. If anything, build Ambrose up to form a team with Punk.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm sure Orton will turn heel when he returns. As for Punk, I would LOVE to see him align w/ Heyman and Lesnar to take over WWE, but I think if a program between the 3 would occur, it would likely be Punk vs. Heyman & Lesnar.

Whatever WWE does, I hope it's amazing and they don't kill the story like they did w/ Punk last year starting at Summerslam. I'm almost positive that the July 23rd 1,000th episode will have the "drastic" thing we're all waiting for, but don't expect a Cena heel turn b/c it'll never ever happen.

·
Registered
286 Posts
And Ambrose doesn't need to be in a high profile match. I've read that WWE has basically dropped his angle with Foley anyway. If anything, build Ambrose up to form a team with Punk.
This. Ambrose, Punk, Cesaro, Ohno and eventually Bryan. Cult of Personality takes over:gun:

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
Supposedly, Vince is so pissed at Lesnar, he was on the verge of doing something "drastic" but HHH talked him out of it because he really wants the match at Summerslam, so HHH likely buried.
I'm soooo not excited about this match. Brock should be wrestling some younger guy, like Punk or Orton; not fucking Triple H.

·
Banned
609 Posts
The obvious person who should turn heel is Triple H. Bring back Batista as well.

The New Corporation
Triple H, John Laurinatis, Batista, Big Show, Tensai, Eve, David Otunga ( and a few other unimportant people) maybe a heel Randy.
vs.
The Cult of Personality
CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Khassis Ohno, Antonio Cesaro, AJ and Dean Ambrose

as the main storyline on RAW

while John Cena goes to Smackdown to feud with Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes over the world heavyweight title to build them up.

Problem solved.

but this feels more like a post summerslam ... fall storyline.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the 1000th is mid summer, still 6 weeks away, they need there big summer storyline to begin tonight

a 2.7, followed by a 2.9, now a three hour, with vince returning, something major needs to happen tonight

but i don't have my hopes hope knowing vince's history, lesnar will probably appear and beat up vince, then hhh will come and save the day at summerslam

hhh is appearing this sunday, so im assuming lesnar will beat the crap out of vince tonight, then cole will hype up "what will hhh say now about lesnar this sunday"

then the 2 month hype which will be hhh burying lesnar, lesnar never lost to hhh and left before this happened, hhh is still mad about this

make no mistake about it, hhh will beat lesnar at some point, he needs to fill his ego and lesnar is one of the few who left without hhh burying him

just like hhh buried ecw/wcw talents after he missed the invasion storyline, his ego never liked being left out burying wcw

·
Registered
300 Posts
Attitude Era vs. PG Era
Funny you should say that. There's absolutely no way WWE would be able to pull it off without shooting themselves in the foot.

Whenever AE guys appear, they talk about how rough things were back then and how kiddie things are now. Though they never directly say it, they imply that AE was better, which most people would agree with, including me.

How could WWE possibly directly imply that AE was better? It would make the current PG era look weak and dumb. In a AE vs. PG fight, AE always wins, just like Rock beat Cena, but WWE can't afford to agree with that mentality. They are a PG company and must maintain that this era is better, which all the kids agree with because it's all they know, but everyone who saw AE and Monday Night Wars knows that the golden era of wrestling was mid-late 90s and early 2000s.

·
Premium Member
15,538 Posts
the 1000th is mid summer, still 6 weeks away, they need there big summer storyline to begin tonight

a 2.7, followed by a 2.9, now a three hour, with vince returning, something major needs to happen tonight

but i don't have my hopes hope knowing vince's history, lesnar will probably appear and beat up vince, then hhh will come and save the day at summerslam

hhh is appearing this sunday, so im assuming lesnar will beat the crap out of vince tonight, then cole will hype up "what will hhh say now about lesnar this sunday"

then the 2 month hype which will be hhh burying lesnar, lesnar never lost to hhh and left before this happened, hhh is still mad about this

make no mistake about it, hhh will beat lesnar at some point, he needs to fill his ego and lesnar is one of the few who left without hhh burying him

just like hhh buried ecw/wcw talents after he missed the invasion storyline, his ego never liked being left out burying wcw
With the way Vince feels about Brock right now, you can gurantee HHH will go over Lesnar. I wouldn't be surprised if Brock never wins a WWE match during his run or if Summerslam is his final PPV match of the year.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
They didn't "drop the ball" with the CM Punk storyline last year. It was the best summer storyline in a while.
yeah that was until Del-Rio and Triple-H ruined the whole thing. Punk/Cena could have made for interesting TV another 2/3 months at least, not just the two matches that they had.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they blew the punk storyline, it was good the first 2 months or so, but once nash/hhh inserted into it it lost its touch

i wish they turned hhh heel, punk vs heel hhh would be epic

but they really had something with the cena/punk/vince storyline

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what did vince expect with lesnar, this is what you get with lesnar, he gave him 5 mill for a part time job

his heart is not in wrestling, this should come as no surprise

vince is furious at lesnar and there is talk that even hhh himself had to talk to him about keeping there match on at summerslam

at this point lesnar probably isn't the main event little own actually win a match

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.