Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of a concept for an all Attitude Era video Game with about 60 or so wrestlers. My roster would be:
Steve Austin
Ken Shamrock
Triple H
X-Pac
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn
Owen Hart
Steve Blackman
Edge
Droz
Bradshaw
Farooq
Al Snow
Hardcore Holly
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
UnderTaker
Kane
Mick Foley(4 faces of Foley)
Big Bossman
The Rock
D-Lo Brown
Mark Henry
Godfather
Val Venis
Gangrel
Christian
Too Cool
Headbangers
Goldust
Dudleyz
Albert
Mean Street Posse
Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Shane McMahon
Viscera
Test
Tazz
Crash Holly
Rikishi
Taka Michinoku
Funaki
The Radicalz
William Regal
Big Show
Vince McMahon
Tajiri
Shawn Michaels

Divas: Chyna,Trish,Lita,Ivory, Jacqueline,The Kat, Terri,Luna, Debra,Sable,Tori.

Arenas:Royal Rumble, No Way Out, Wrestlemania 2000,Backlash, Insurrection, Judgment Day, King Of the Ring, Fully Loaded, Summerslam, Unforgiven, No Mercy, Survivor Series, Rebellion, Armageddon,Over the Edge, RAW IS WAR, Smackdown, Heat.
Have all of them from the year 2000 or 1999.
I'll make the gameplay exactly like SDvsRAW, and have same modes such as Universe Mode,RTWM with The Rock, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle,The Hardyz & Kane.
The name for the game would be WWE Legends of Attitude.
What do you guys think?

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Love the idea

Only things on your list that probably wouldn't happen is Owen Hart & Chris Benoit being in the game as well as the Over the Edge arena being in.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
It exists. It's called "WWF Attitude." And, of course, the great "WWF No Mercy."

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
^ I was just about to say, you're basically recreating No Mercy, which to date remains the best wrestling game ever. Though I'm surprisingly optimistic about SVR11's chances to top it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wouldn't be like WWF Attitude or No Mercy because it would have better graphics, and basically be like SDvsRaw just with a roster from the Attitude Era. No Mercy didnt have RTWM,Universe Mode,or all these arenas. My idea also has the Physics systems and everything.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Safe to say the roster is pretty much Attitude and No Mercy with Tajiri thrown in, when he arrived after Wrestlemania 17. Personally I don't want another game improved graphics or otherwise. I have the older games to play if I wanna play as those guys, or simple create them for the latest Smackdown game, plus it would be pretty expensive to make, and some of the names would never be on one.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
How well would that even sell? Outside of the handful of like 50 people on this forum , who is so obsessed with the attitude era , or even aware its called that , or obsesses over that period in wrestlings greatness?

If I talk to casual wrestling fans in real life , if I were to say "Attitude era" they would probably be like "Whats that?" Then I could probably explain and they'd be like "Oh yeah" and then if I was like , would you buy a new video game about that for $60? They'd likely be like "Um , no?" Its pretty much the truth like it or not

I think only very "hardcore" wrestling fans actually hold onto specific memories of stuff like that or care about the past THAT much.

Tajiri thrown in, when he arrived after Wrestlemania 17
Its stuff like that only a hardcore fan would be able to tell you , everyone else would be like who the fuck is Tajiri 1st of all , 2ndly they would never been able to tell you that. Average fans don't cling to the past so tightly

overall its a novelty idea , I'm sure if it did exist it would sell at least as much as "Legends of wrestlemania" and/or "WWE All stars" (Personally didn't buy Legends , 99.9% sure I'm not buying all stars)

Best bet would be making a ton of those old school guys as CAWs in SVR2011 and going to town with the story creator

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I miss Tajiri. He was so bad ass. Lol.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
If were being realistic, this is what the roster would most likely look like:

Steve Austin
Ken Shamrock
Triple H
X-Pac
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn
Steve Blackman
Edge
Droz
Bradshaw
Hardcore Holly
UnderTaker
Kane
Big Bossman
The Rock
Mark Henry
Godfather
Val Venis
Gangrel
Christian
Too Cool
Headbangers
Goldust
Mean Street Posse
Chris Jericho
Shane McMahon
Viscera
Test
Crash Holly
Rikishi
Taka Michinoku
Funaki
Eddie Guerrero
Dean Malenko
William Regal
Big Show
Vince McMahon
Shawn Michaels

and as for divas it would probably be: Kat, Terri, Molly, Ivory, Trish & Lita

and probably throw in some nobodies like Blue Meanie, Gillberg, Mideon and Tiger Ali Singh

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
problem is making games as extensive as SD vs. RAW takes money. and no one's giving you a lot of money for this game.

it's obviously a dream idea though. i'd love to play the SD vs. RAW games in an Atittude environment.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Nothing will top no mercy just a fun game to play, here comes the pain is my 2nd fave what a roaster list that had!!, As much as im hyped about smackdown vs raw 2011 the past few games have shown me the gameplay will never be fun like the games i mentioned i love all the new game modes but when it comes to actual wrestling aspect somethings missing.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've got an even better idea for a game. Take the hottest WWE superstars today. Give them vehicles that reflect their gimmicks/personalities. Strap a variety of weapons and power-ups to these vehicles. Battle in open environments until there is only one superstar remaining.

I think if they made this game, well, it would be the best game ever. :agree:

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I always loved the idea of a Monday Night Wars video game which features about 50 guys from each company. That would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
If WWE made a SD vs RAW with a good concept to include a RTWM for the attitude era(I mentioned this in the SD vs RAW thread), this would be fine. The "Legends" could be split into three factions or four factions: WWF Attitude, ECW, WCW, NWA.

Have Flair, Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Luger, Sting(if he can), DDP, Booker T, Hogan(NWO Hogan), Goldberg

Have Kurt Angle(with hair), Austin, Rock, Shamrock, NAO, HHH, XPac Faarooq, HBK, Jericho, Val Venis, and a few others(no overkill)

Have RVD, Sabu, Dreamer, Raven and some more.

Have ECW arena, WCW arenas(starrcade, halloween havoc, etc....), and some old school WWF attitude arenas(WM X-7, WM 2000, WM XV, Summerslam 98, Summerslam 2000, etc....)

Have some storylines from WCW(NWO angle, Flair vs Hogan, etc), ECW, WWF Attitude.

Put the money up and put this on a SD vs RAW, that would be a classic, ON TOP of the WWE stars and storylines. The most stacked game WWE has ever put out, but I think it would pay off in the end

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I've got an even better idea for a game. Take the hottest WWE superstars today. Give them vehicles that reflect their gimmicks/personalities. Strap a variety of weapons and power-ups to these vehicles. Battle in open environments until there is only one superstar remaining.

I think if they made this game, well, it would be the best game ever. :agree:
:lmao

That was one of the worst games I've ever played.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I'd just be happy with a next gen wrestling game where the gameplay is actually, you know, 'fun' rather than seeming like a chore that the SvR franchise is so good at.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Instead, I prefer a game focused on a tag team based roster with a large number of legendary tag teams.WWE games have very few tag teams.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts