Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea if this would be considered or not, but a lot of people are talking about a Triple H vs Sheamus match.

What if Triple H doesnt come back BEFORE Wrestlemania.

What if Sheamus wins the MITB match. Then after the Miz vs Cena match, no matter who wins (prob works better if its Miz) Sheamus runs down and cashes in his MITB briefcase like has been done so many times before and sheamus takes the title.

Everyone thinks that wrestlemania is over, BUT then the beeps go off for the raw GM: "Congratulations Sheamus on acheiving a memorable wrestlemania moment. I have been waiting for this to happen for a while. However, I deserve a wrestlemania moment of my own and its time for me to cash in with a title match right now..."

Sheamus looks shocked, entrance music begins announcing Triple H as the mysterious raw GM and comes to the ring and beats sheamus to win the WWE championship, thus beginning his heel turn and ending the stupid raw GM storyline and beginning to finish off the Triple H/sheamus storyline.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I actually think it would make more sense to have Stephanie McMahon as the Raw GM, but yes, having HHH come out after a Sheamus match sounds like a good idea. That said, I would be happier if in this scenario they could find a way without the Sheamus winning MITB. I would rather that match be used to give Morrison another chance.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Nah. Pretty sure Triple H will be back by early- or mid-March at least to be in a proper match. If there is a Wrestlemania in the past five years that really needs Triple H on its card, it's this one. There's already a huge amount of grumbling over lack of star power; leaving one of the biggest draws of the past 11 years just underneath the tip of the iceberg of Austin/Rock/Cena/Batista off the card would be foolhardy and remarkably ill-advised.

Your idea is cute and all... But does badass Triple H really seem like the kind of character who emails Michael Cole every time somebody does something marginally out of line, or book dance-off competitions?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Nah. Pretty sure Triple H will be back by early- or mid-March at least to be in a proper match. If there is a Wrestlemania in the past five years that really needs Triple H on its card, it's this one. There's already a huge amount of grumbling over lack of star power; leaving one of the biggest draws of the past 11 years just underneath the tip of the iceberg of Austin/Rock/Cena/Batista off the card would be foolhardy and remarkably ill-advised.

Your idea is cute and all... But does badass Triple H really seem like the kind of character who emails Michael Cole every time somebody does something marginally out of line, or book dance-off competitions?
Agreed with this, but also to add something different, the last thing we need is another COMICALLY short world championship reign. It's already being rumored that Dolph Ziggler is gonna win the WHC next SmackDown (the one after the one that airs Friday) and only carry it to the chamber where Edge is just gonna win it back. Now even the discussion of that is bad enough, ESPECIALLY because Alberto Del Rio is a shoe in to beat Edge, resulting in ANOTHER 1 month reign, but now you're talking about ANOTHER one, and at WRESTLEMANIA at that. These comically short, useless world title reigns are getting really annoying and I'm in FAVOR of spreading the belts around to multiple people, that's how bad it's getting.

Plus, Sheamus doesn't need any more accomplishments. He's been so overpushed beyond what his lower-midcard level of talent warrants it's sickening.

·
19,156 Posts
Agreed with this, but also to add something different, the last thing we need is another COMICALLY short world championship reign. It's already being rumored that Dolph Ziggler is gonna win the WHC next SmackDown (the one after the one that airs Friday) and only carry it to the chamber where Edge is just gonna win it back. Now even the discussion of that is bad enough, ESPECIALLY because Alberto Del Rio is a shoe in to beat Edge, resulting in ANOTHER 1 month reign, but now you're talking about ANOTHER one, and at WRESTLEMANIA at that. These comically short, useless world title reigns are getting really annoying and I'm in FAVOR of spreading the belts around to multiple people, that's how bad it's getting..
Agreed. Also, if you took the OP's idea and changed it slightly, and had Cena beat Miz, and then Sheamus, MITB-winner, beat Cena in a cash-in, and then Triple H, Anonymous Raw GM, beat Sheamus... Well, there's two microscopic championship reigns and no less than three times the WWE Championship changed hands in presumably the closing minutes of Wrestlemania. It'd be Hardcore Title-ing the belt for good.

And none of this even touches upon the fact that no matter what anyone thinks of Triple H, he should now be beyond world championship reigns, like Undertaker and, the second he drops his tenth, Edge.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Triple H is already booked in an 8man tag match on the Raw before Wrestlemania, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton and Edge vs Miz, CM Punk, Alberto del Rio and Wade Barret

·
Banned
63 Posts
How would that be of any use to them? At WrestleMania, they need buyrates, and Triple H's surprise appearance is not going to help them one bit. It must be something they can advertise in advance.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
How would that be of any use to them? At WrestleMania, they need buyrates, and Triple H's surprise appearance is not going to help them one bit. It must be something they can advertise in advance.
Just like the WWE advertised The Ultimate Warrior returning at WM8?

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
How did Warrior's return help boost the buyrates for the event?
It didn't...you said that it would be foolish for the WWE to NOT advertise HHH at WM27, because it would not help the buyrates. So, I was telling you that the WWE didn't advertise The Ultimate Warrior at WM8.

·
Banned
63 Posts
So hopefully they've learnt from that, and won't end up doing something like what the OP was suggesting.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
There is nothing wrong with surprise appearances IMO. No one saw Cena coming back at Royal Rumble 2008 either...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There is nothing wrong with surprise appearances IMO. No one saw Cena coming back at Royal Rumble 2008 either...
I agree. I don't know why people are wanting WWE to advertise in hopes of a bigger buyrate. I'd much rather be surprised. We don't work for WWE, we are FANS. The buyrate issue is not my problem, its WWEs. But doing big surprises every now and again creates interest in the product. One of the reasons WWE is hurting in ratimgs and buyrates right now is because the product is too predictable and people know there is no element of surprise. WWE needs to go back to actually having big title matches on RAW and SD! fairly regularly and throwing us a curve ball on PPVs. The element of surprise might hurt one buyrate/rating, but it helps the product in the long run.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
If they want to give this HHH/Seamus feud a chance then he needs to come back before then to give them some time to build some damn heat. I see him returning later this month/early March. Ideally it should be this month which will then give them around 6 weeks to build for the match.

·
Registered
223 Posts
^^ They didn't need to hype a Warrior return .. Sid vs Hogan was a huge match, plus Flair vs Savage was awesome too. Sid vs Hogan was arguably the 3rd most hyped match ever at that point (Andre vs Hogan, Ultimate vs Hogan are the two ahead), because people believed Sid might actually beat Hogan. I don't think anybody really thought Slaughter or Savage would be Hogan at Mania.

·
19,156 Posts
There's a slight difference between Ultimate Warrior and Triple H. One guy was a fucking insane asshole who WWE couldn't trust to show up for a program leading into Wrestlemania, and apparently didn't want to be in a program, and reportedly they had to babysit the guy after the firing following the "pay" dispute between he and Vince over the Wrestlemania and Summerslam main event matches of 1991, which Vince paid and then he fired the guy, haha.

The other guy is Vince's son-in-law and has an office in the company's headquarters.

And there's a major difference between Flair/Savage with Sid/Hogan and Cena/Miz with Del Rio/Edge. WWE needs Triple H's ass on the card this year.

Starbuck, I hope Trips returns at Elimination Chamber and he can cost Sheamus that match somehow... Which would bring their feud full circle from where it began at last year's Elimination Chamber when Triple H cost Sheamus that match. And the best part is that I'd be there in attendance for his return. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts