Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is of course just a suggestion for the sake of conversation, but I was thinking of a possible repackage for Cesaro.

How about if Cesaro does a gimmick of being an international criminal, sort of a Bond villain type character. He can have a running theme of trying to sabotage the endeavors of the WWE and its Superstars. Jack Swagger could even be his Number 1 henchman. The Shield can take on the role of more of an actual tactical unit trying to counteract Cesaro's nefarious plots. All played out in the ring/arena within the limits of pro wrestling of course.

One thing they could do, for a PPV probably, is have The Shield repel straight into the ring to save someone from Cesaro similar to how Stone Cold saved Stephanie from Undertaker. (Not as hard or dangerous as it might sound)

Ideally I'd want Cesaro to come off as a charming yet evil full on heel. I think it could be a lot of fun, even if it was done in a convoluted WWE way. I think it would be a better use of Cesaro than RA.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
"Gimmicks" like the one described above are dead (especially in the new "Reality Era")

personalities are the new "gimmicks" though a "charming, yet evil" heel is a good personality for Cesaro, but the 'Real Americans" thing has gotten over with the crowds, so why change him?

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,399 Posts
Good idea but I doubt WWE runs with it, but great suggestion. I think WWE will probably turn him face and give him a Swiss Superman gimmick. My hope is they let him show his humor a bit with the Very European shtick from the indies. Having said that, if they want to book him more serious just give him a Jason Statham type sauve badass character, similar to Bond himself if you will :D:.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
He's bound to turn face, because if he disbands from the RAs and remains heel, it'd be the dumbest thing ever and we could see a similar case with him as we have with Del Rio and you can go "He's more talented and over!" of course he is, but if you think casuals and even the IWC are gonna be backing him as hard as they are now in 6 to 10 months with a generic foreign heel gimmick, then you're sorely mistaken.

I'd bank on the Swiss Superman persona or possibly a smooth, charming ladies' man.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd rather him reincarnate the Dr. Evil character, shave Hornswoggle's hair off and make him Mini Me and Swagger can be Number 2... Bring Zayn in as his son Scott and I'm sold.
I would totally be down for that.

"Gimmicks" like the one described above are dead (especially in the new "Reality Era")

personalities are the new "gimmicks" though a "charming, yet evil" heel is a good personality for Cesaro, but the 'Real Americans" thing has gotten over with the crowds, so why change him?
You are right, this is like a kayfabe era type deal. Maybe it could be a last hurrah. I have to wonder if RA is over or just the wrestlers within it.

^

if it aint broken dont fix it yo
But if it could be better, why settle?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
He doesn't need a repackage. He's great, and he's over. Leave it alone.

Want to repackage someone? Start thinking about what to do with Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Drew McIntyre, R-Truth, Santino, Tyson Kidd, Zack Ryder, Xavier Woods, and Yoshi Tatsu, just to name a few. Drum up some ideas for all those guys that have NOTHING going for them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He doesn't need a repackage. He's great, and he's over. Leave it alone.

Want to repackage someone? Start thinking about what to do with Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Brodus Clay, Camacho, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Drew McIntyre, R-Truth, Santino, Tyson Kidd, Zack Ryder, Xavier Woods, and Yoshi Tatsu, just to name a few. Drum up some ideas for all those guys that have NOTHING going for them.
I'll leave that to you.

-

This was just for fun

·
Registered
468 Posts
He really doesnt need a repackage. The Real American gimmick actually got Cesaro over, which is something that the...what, 5 other gimmicks they gave him before that didnt do?

He almost always came out to crickets as the US Champion. Now he doesnt.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Rather him be the "Swedish Superman" esque face of the company.
Something of the sort. Not so cheesy thou. He's got to be badass. Not another Sheamus.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Something of the sort. Not so cheesy thou. He's got to be badass. Not another Sheamus.
People really aren't observant of Sheamus, are they? When was the last time he made a goofy, stupid remark? Because I'm pretty sure he hasn't done anything along those lines since his return.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
Anything is better than whatever the fuck "Swiss superman" bullshit no-gimmick/character garbage people clamor for on here.

Wyatt and the Shield are proof positive that gimmicks are not dead. They need to be done well and right and Cesaro's boring ass will need one more than anyone.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
I'm not sure how you could translate it into a wrestling gimmick but I'm thinking a Jason Statham Transporter like character. Or pick up where Dean Malenko left off with his James Bond gimmick. After all, he already remixed the theme.

·
A Real Knockout
1,113 Posts
Since he likes hip hop and in fact learned English to learn what the hip hop artists were saying repackage him for what he truly is - a european who has some swag - no pun intended. Making him a generic cookie cutter euro when he is very unique is HORRIBLE and shows how uncreative 'creative' is.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,372 Posts
He should just act like the dude in Crank. Jason Statham. He's already kind of doing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts