Wrestling Forum banner

Idea for commentary

565 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  THE_sXeBeast 
#1 ·
Supposing Lawler retires, and WWE fancies retaining a 3 man commentary team for Raw and SD, would it be a decent idea/possibility for WWE to 'randomly' select a wrestler at the start of the show to join Cole and JBL for the full 2/3 hours on commentary. It wouldn't need the wrestler to interfere in a match, just commentate. It could give, under-card/midcard wrestlers mic time and help them develop their personas, as well as fresh air into the commentary team, if a wrestler sucks, they won't be selected again. If not, they will be, any thoughts?

#5 ·
Note: I just got a procedure done on my spine and have a bit of medication in me. Sorry if I ramble or don't make sense.

I like it. I've been listening to Bradshaw work the occasional commentary as John Hawk in GWF in 1991 and have really grown to appreciate the insider knowledge he has and displays nowadays. Like Lawler 15 years ago. Would be awesome if they brought back some legends to add their own unique perspective. Malenko, Harvey Wippleman, Dusty, Brooklyn Brawler, Regal, Finkel and many others still work for the company in some capacity.
It would be great to get some of them out of character for a night. Dutch Mantell/Zeb Colter would be gold with Lawler and JBL if he could somehow break character while staying with the storyline.
HHH is one of the most knowledgeable historians of the game in real life and he'd be awesome walking the line of kayfabe/reality.

I've actually been enjoying Alex Riley on the mic as of late. Who knows who has potential. King, Taz, Zybysko, Piper, Savage, Monsoon and JBL all got their start by getting that first chance. The OP's idea would be great to see who can add to the broadcast.

#6 ·
They need somebody from The Corporation on commentary. Kinda like TNA had Taz on it, and he's a member of Aces and 8's. Have that biased-heel commentator. Not sure who, but somebody. Do it Vince, do it now. :cena5

#7 ·
I think this would be a great idea, would be funny to have people like Kahli chosen and JBL and Cole make fun of him entire time because they cant understand. May get old after a bit but I could see legit commentators like Punk or Miz and then Horrible ones like Kahli and Hornswoggle or JTG and his hip hop slang.

#8 ·
Would be funny, but....I dont like it. I think if Lawler ever does retire, they need to have Cole and JBL on Raw just as a two man team. I am really liking Alex Riley on commentary and I think he should be on Smackdown with Josh Matthews, i really like those two together as a team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.