Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine, in the weeks leading up to the Armageddon PPV, Vince McMahon announces the Armageddon main event:

The general managers of Raw and Smackdown (whoever they may be) must choose the participants in this cross-brand match. Whoever wins gets the #30 spot in the Royal Rumble, and whoever looses gets the #1 spot.

But, it doesn't end there. Whoever wins, their respective brand gets all the even-numbered spots in the Rumble. Whoever looses, his brand gets all the odd-numbered spots.

It would be an interesting storyline to an otherwise unimportant PPV, don't you think?

·
I heart ref bumps.
1,113 Posts
Armageddon doesn't exist anymore, but aside from that sticking point that renders everything else you said moot, the odd/even stipulation is meaningless and the 1/30 bout would only destroy the spontaneity of the Rumble itself.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Armageddon doesn't exist anymore,
I don't watch WWE, anymore, because it sucks. Sue me.

You know what I mean. The December PPV.

but aside from that sticking point that renders everything else you said moot,
How does it render everything else moot?

the odd/even stipulation is meaningless and the 1/30 bout would only destroy the spontaneity of the Rumble itself.
How do you figure? Guaranteed #30 and #1 spots have been won in matches, before. Case in point: Chyna winning the #30 spot in the 1999 Royal Rumble, and Rikishi doing the same in the 2001 Royal Rumble. Also, Jericho won the #2 spot in the Rumble, once, which is, essentially, the same as winning #1.

And, you can still have spontaneity, because the other 14 spots per brand will still be random.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
You've taken a derivative idea, mixed it with misinformation and then overbooked it into oblivion.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
How do you figure? Guaranteed #30 and #1 spots have been won in matches, before. Case in point: Chyna winning the #30 spot in the 1999 Royal Rumble, and Rikishi doing the same in the 2001 Royal Rumble. Also, Jericho won the #2 spot in the Rumble, once, which is, essentially, the same as winning #1.
Doesn't mean it was a good idea.

·
Banned
97 Posts
That even and odd-numbered thing would only make at least a bit of sense if the RAW and SD guys were actually working together and that won't happen.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
You've taken a derivative idea, mixed it with misinformation and then overbooked it into oblivion.
TNA should sue for gimmick infringement lolz. What they should do is have all 30 guys outside the ring, first one to get in wins the number 30 spot, second gets 29, third gets 28 etc all the way down to number 1. I'd watch that.

The Royal Rumble is one of the things that I enjoy every year, and really, there doesn't need to be any elaborate changes made to it. Just those backstage promos with the tombola, and some form of Teddy Long dancing, playa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts