Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought of this name for a match, and I would like to tell you Guys about it. I would call it a "Tap Dancing Match". What it is, is a regular Iron Man Submissions Only match. You can only win via submissions, which should make your opponent tap out hence the title "Tap Dancing Match".

I just wanted to tell you...

·
GENKI D&
1,904 Posts
It would make sense if Fandango was in the match, hence the dancing part. Other than that, it is a Ultimate Submission Match.

·
Banned
615 Posts
I don't like the First Blood match stipulation. Making the opponent bleed makes you the winner? Bull. I'd change the rules: it's a no-DQ match but it has to end in the ring. In order to make pin your opponent or make him submit you must first make him bleed. If he bleeds while you don't then you have the ultimate advantage for a pin or submission maneuver while he first must make you bleed to pin or grapple you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't like the First Blood match stipulation. Making the opponent bleed makes you the winner? Bull. I'd change the rules: it's a no-DQ match but it has to end in the ring. In order to make pin your opponent or make him submit you must first make him bleed. If he bleeds while you don't then you have the ultimate advantage for a pin or submission maneuver while he first must make you bleed to pin or grapple you.
I'm not sure they ever did it in WWF/E, but that's definitely a thing that happens in some places. There's also a tables variation similar where instead of ending the match by putting someone through a table, you enable yourself to pin or submit them. There's even a more extreme version where if they kick out or rope break you have to table them again to have another shot at it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love the idea of not being able to go for a pin or submission until you've made your opponent bleed. It's too bad we won't see that in WWE any time soon. Maybe TNA will do it at some point, but they haven't had any real blood feuds in quite a while either. Roode vs Storm was likely the last one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts