Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about unifying the WWE Title and the World Heavyweight Championship (though that will probably happen eventually), just about someone winning both of them for a short period of time. Maybe 3-4 months at the most. I think it would be awesome for someone to end up with both belts on their shoulders and get to go around calling themselves the ultimate world champion of the company. You would, of course, have to eventually transition both titles back onto separate people (which could simply mean he loses merely one of them to someone else without losing both at the same time, but I have other plans as far as that is concerned.)

And here's a couple ideas on how it could all end up:

-You book a triple threat match similar to the Angle/Benoit/Jericho match at Wrestlemania 2000. For those who aren't aware how of that match turned out, Angle was walking around with both the Intercontinental and European Championships, and he had to defend them in a two fall match, the first fall being for the IC Title and the second fall being for the European Title. Angle lost both belts without it being pinned or forced into submission. (Benoit won the IC Title, then Jericho won the European Title.) The same exact scenario could happen here.

-A better option is to do the two fall triple threat match as explained above, except have the champion retain both belts in both falls. But then, just after scoring his biggest victory yet, the ultimate bad luck and misfortune is bestowed upon him. The MITB winner for the WHC comes out and cashes in. Said wrestler still has the WWE Title left though, so he clings desperately to that... but then the MITB winner for the WWE Title comes in and cashes in as well. He loses both world titles back to back just like that.

Of course, this entire idea is invalidated if they book a unification match at Wrestlemania next year, but if not, this I think would be kind of a unique idea next year or some other year in the undetermined future. It's also kind of a new way of cashing in both MITB briefcases, by having both guys cash in on the same person back to back.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
WWE won't unify the two title belts. In their eyes, the World Title still has credibility, and they pretty much use it to sell main-event matches on PPV.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
WWE won't unify the two title belts. In their eyes, the World Title still has credibility, and they pretty much use it to sell main-event matches on PPV.
Did you actually read his post?

I like the idea a lot. Bryan should be the one. Having both belts and rising them with the "yes" chants would be a great way to end WM30.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I'd prefer unifying the belts, but I really don't have a problem with this. I thought it was a cool visual when they did it with the tag title belts for a while, and when Jericho was the Undisputed champion.

Really, though, having two world champions is superfluous right now.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I like the idea. It couldn't last for long, maybe two PPVs at the most though. And it would need to be a REAL dual reign. Two different matches for the champ on the same night. Would it be good for buyrates? Probably not, idc

·
Registered
850 Posts
The only way I could see it happening would be Cena or Orton... I would love heel Punk to do it, but it would have worked better when he was going through the whole "I'm leaving WWE" storyline... I would also love to see Bryan win, like Jarato said above, like sticking it to the man (fuck you Triple H) and shit... but again, doubtful...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I'd be down for it. It definitely made Jericho a star when they did it in 2002. I say the best candidates would be Bryan or Punk.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Love to see Cesaro or someone else hideously underrated win it to give their credibility a monster boost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts