Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted, I haven’t been around for a while…..but ok hear me out. Not only do I not understand why Dolph Ziggler hasn’t held gold of any kind yet, but I don’t understand why he isn’t in Jack Swagger’s place. Now don’t get me wrong, I like Swagger….but I think as far as wrestling talent goes..Dolph has him beat. And you can’t even use the excuse of Dolph’s stupid name stopping him from getting to the main event, cuz Jack Swagger is a pretty stupid name too. I’m comparing these two mostly because of the amateur(sp) wrestling abilities which I really think Dolph is the best at now that Shelton Benjamin is gone….I can name 5 really really REALLY good Dolph Ziggler matches and I cant name 1 really really REALLY good Swagger match…..they both have charisma and mic work and can generate heel heat……………..so anybody else think the roles should be reversed as far as all of the success Swagger has gotten this year and the lack of success Dolph has gotten?

·
Registered
970 Posts
The push that Ziggler got actually worked very well. He was getting decent heat after his matches with Kane & Khali. It's just a shame Mysterio was the IC champion at the time. It would've been fantastic for his career if he'd been given the win over Rey but Rey doesn't seem to lose matches anymore (unless he gets suspended)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The push that Ziggler got actually worked very well. He was getting decent heat after his matches with Kane & Khali. It's just a shame Mysterio was the IC champion at the time. It would've been fantastic for his career if he'd been given the win over Rey but Rey doesn't seem to lose matches anymore (unless he gets suspended)
Totally agree….it really pissed me off to learn rey actually politic’d his way into keeping the IC belt before still getting suspended smh

But I mean, jack winning money in the bank, winning the belt 5 days after, main eventing ppvs and smackdowns should be dolph…I just think Dolph is the better of the two…once again im only comparing them cuz they are both heels with amateur wrestling backgrounds…

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I see Swagger as more talented than Ziggler in every single aspect of the game. Ziggler doesn't even come remotely close in terms of wrestling ability. He's good, but he's no Swagger.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I don't see the big deal about Ziggler, but Swagger is a superstar in the making. Swagger has all the raw talents that can make him the main guy on Smackdown once the Taker hangs up his eye-liner.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I don't see the big deal about Ziggler, but Swagger is a superstar in the making. Swagger has all the raw talents that can make him the main guy on Smackdown once the Taker hangs up his eye-liner.
I like Swagger, but Dolph has a better superstar look, talent on mic and in ring talent.

He's the whole package, if a little small, not that affects wrestling nowadays.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Swagger is bigger than Dolph.

It's the only reason.
This could be true. So far in their WWE careers I've seen nothing to suggest that Swagger is that much more superior than Ziggles inside the ropes. His run on Raw was actually very poor. Bad booking yes, but he was stuck firmly in the lower card and didn't impress me at all.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Actually i can picture Dolph putting the sleeper hold on Rey or Kane just like Swagger did the ankle lock to them. But, Jack Swagger is more entertaining to me so yeah i'd pick him over Ziggler anyday.

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
I would've preferred Ziggler to get the push but only because I just can't stand Swagger. I'll give Swagger the talent edge, he has better in ring work and stands out more. Neither are anything on the mic, so that's not much of a factor in this case.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
WWE believes Swagger is a future huge main event star, and Dolph Ziggler will remain a midcarder for a long time. It's one of the reasons why Ziggler's quest for IC gold has taken him a whole year now, and Swagger is in main event matches on PPV. Jim Ross wrote as much a year back that Swagger would be in PPV main events around this time, and Ziggler is still pursuing the Intercontinental Title. Simply put, they see more in Swagger than Dolph.

I like Ziggler but I think you have to wait a long time for him to become a fully credible midcarder, who probably possesses the IC Title, before looking at any kind of push into the main event scene. If he ever makes it to the main event level, it won't be because WWE thought he'd get there or that he should be there; he'll have to scratch and claw all the way up from beginning to end. Heck, he's just now getting the kind of midcard push that even makes this topic a feasible one, without a Money in the Bank win ala Swagger's at WrestleMania. That's the only golden parachute available to a guy like Ziggler or Swagger, and there was no chance for Ziggler but I remained certain Swagger had at least some chance going into that match way back when due to the WWE's expectations for him.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about having them both wait their turn and let guys who have already proven they can do well holding the belt like CM Punk

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Swagger is ok but he's not original one bit. He's a sports entertainer, not a wrestler. His mat skills fail in comparison to many others.

And he doesn't know who Kurt Angle is.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
His name has grown on me, and I can get past it now. Other than that I think having Vickie at his side is horrible, as I can't stand the woman. The heat she draws is cheap, and she has no place on television in the WWE. Dolph has a generic look, and I don't think it helps.

Lets be honest his attire is nearly jobber like, and I think something more similar to Mr. Perfect, or Kurt Angle look would be more appropriate for him. His old gimmick before he was called up from FCW was ok, and he had a bodyguard back then who is now in TNA.

Once Jackson Andrews from FCW is ready, I could see Dolph being his pro in season 3 of NXT should there be one. Either way I think Dolph needs a bodyguard more than he needs Vickie. Having an enforcer like Andrews would compliment Ziggler's heel persona.

Dolph should also have a nickname. Perhaps something like "The Kalifornian". May I also mention that right now I really can't say that Ziggler has an actual "act" or "character". He is rather dull, or plain imo. A new entrance theme would be another strong idea, and think something with a little less "gay" in it.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Swagger is ok but he's not original one bit. He's a sports entertainer, not a wrestler. His mat skills fail in comparison to many others.

And he doesn't know who Kurt Angle is.
Is this supposed to be a sarcasm?

Dolph should be given more mic time so that people could actually dig who he is other than his ridiculous name, i just realized i can't remember the last time he cut a promo in the ring.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I don't see the big deal about Ziggler. I've yet to witness him say or do anything that led me to believe he was anything special.

The only thing remotely memorable he's ever done is when he kept introducing himself to people, which was mildly amusing for a while.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts