Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing about Henry and beatdowns in general is that, most of the time, if a beatdown is going to last more than a week, an implement of some sort like a steel chair around an ankle has to be used, or a slam through a table, or something like that.

But why can't Mark Henry be booked as so dangerous he can cause career threatening injuries with his bare hands if he's allowed? Some time ago, Sheamus did this with a sick powerbomb to Jamie Noble and forced him into retirement. I want to see monsters in general get more dangerous. If Mark Henry could injure someone in kayfabe just by destroying them in a match, it would make matches with him much more important and allow for more legitimate concern. Getting beat up by Mark Henry hurts now, sure, but fans know the wrestlers will be okay until Henry uses the chair to break their leg.

It's all in the portrayal. I know WWE will still never allow blood, but the idea of Henry being able to bloody someone up just with his bare knuckles, or break their spine with a WSS, and leave them in a career-threatening state, would make every match vs him become a spectacle. Every babyface that steps into that ring would have to protect themselves and put survival first. I feel like monster heels need to be booked in general stronger like this and cemented into a mountain that only the true determined underdogs can climb.

Anyone else agree?

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I agree 100%.

Although, the power-bombs by Sheamus on Jamie Noble and on Sin Cara at MITB were sick, chairs add an extra "Omg this guy could legitly get injured" feel to the whole thing (without actually hurting them). Because I don't care who you are, receiving the power-bomb by Sheamus like Jamie noble did would hurt so fuckin bad.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Sheamus was looking like he was going to be booked this way, back when he was RAW as a heel. He was the Champ, looking strong. Then WWE he isn't John Cena and made him a "Coward" by only getting cheap victories and then literally running away from Nexus. Nexus, the same stable who NEVER were booked to go over.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
The problem is (excluding Mark Henry) WWE only knows how to book weak, chicken shit heels. Randy Orton got beat down by Shane McMahon and Ric Flair. What the fuck was that? Christian..sigh. Even Sheamus, who should have been booked similar to Henry, ran away like a pussy when he saw Nexus. Theres no excuse. WWE has no idea how to build or create characters and thats just another reason things are so stale.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah, just spoke to my friend about this after watching HiaC. Why the hell does he need to take 2 minutes to carefully rig a chair to hurt someone? He shouldn't have ended the match with a WSS, he should have ended it with 3 consecutive WSS's on the steel steps or something, just squashed him down and lifted him up again and again and again and then the pin, leaving him for the medics to take care of. Or a splash from the middleropes onto an Orton laying on a table in the ring.

I'm sick of matches having huge spots and then they still finish with a basic finisher. The Triple Threat-match was fine since it didn't end with ADR's most signature move (armbar).

Orton has the punt, why can't Henry have some way of putting his opponents down right in the middle of a match?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts