Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to lie Luke Harper, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Dean Ambrose and R- Truth. Sounds like a dream match in my opinion. They starting to build my interest in the IC Title match. At this point I don't care about the WWE Title anymore. We all know Reigns will win and nobody fucking cares. Man I hope Bryan wins the IC Title. Daniel Bryan will bring a lot of prestige to the title as a former WWE Champion and an incredible wrestler. Imagine the matches we will get with Daniel Bryan as IC Champion. It will outshine the WWE Title.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Bryan can't bring all that prestige back by himself. WWE needs to start booking the IC title right for the first time since 2009.
They won't though, WWE have tricked a few people into thinking this is some kind of rebirth for the IC title when in fact it's WWE's stupidity rearing its ugly head again. It's just all bad booking, they haven't a breeze what to do with some talent and their biggest most over guy, guess what throw them into spotty ladder match and have Bryan win it (if he does) to keep the fans happy and maybe they think we are geniuses. Whoever wins its they are screwed anyway nothing will change.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Just shows you how far standards have fallen, really.

WWE puts on a largely stupid and incoherent storyline for a midcard title and it's 'awesome'. Just because they have bothered to even consider the IC title in Wrestlemania season does not mean they are suddenly doing a good job.

Bryan - Still no idea why he is involved in this angle. No reason except to find him a spot on the card.

R-Truth - Speechless. Absolutely no reason for him to be there.

Luke Harper - He's jobbed non-stop recently and suddenly he's in the picture as well? Ok

Ziggler - I guess you could say he wants his title back but he's had no connection to the title at all while he's been off with Rowan and Ryback.

Ambrose - The one guy who actually has a story for being involved in this match and even that's not that compelling. You want to get on the WWE HQ champions wall? Okay then.

BNB - A jobber.

Vince McMahon is probably a genius. He can do nothing with the belt for 11 months of the year, run one angle and everyone is jumping all over it regardless if it makes sense or not.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
No its not, the belt sucks and is completely meaningless now and it will take years before any prestige is returned to it. The champion's have been booked so poorly and Barrett himself, the current champion, looks like a total chump in this whole storyline. Shoving guys like Ambrose, Bryan and Harper in the division doesn't make it a good division because of the way they're presented, having them go after the belt without actually giving any real reason for doing so , does not make the belt look good at all. The storyline has been a mess , why is everyone stealing the belt for? There's absolutely no reason to do so . I want more emphasis on the IC title but at this point, whomever is holding the belt looks worse

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
The Bleacher Report kinda buried this whole IC Title thing as being cartoonish. I thought it was pretty awesome when Luke Harper walked away with the title, only to have Zigs SuperkickOuttaNowhere and pick up the strap. R-Truth on the commentary has been very entertaining. The worst part about it is, they are making BNB look like a bitch.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
No its not, the belt sucks and is completely meaningless now and it will take years before any prestige is returned to it. The champion's have been booked so poorly and Barrett himself, the current champion, looks like a total chump in this whole storyline. Shoving guys like Ambrose, Bryan and Harper in the division doesn't make it a good division because of the way they're presented, having them go after the belt without actually giving any real reason for doing so , does not make the belt look good at all. The storyline has been a mess , why is everyone stealing the belt for? There's absolutely no reason to do so . I want more emphasis on the IC title but at this point, whomever is holding the belt looks worse
The sad thing this isn't even about the belt but basically they should have called it "Trying to fit some over guys into a WM match cause we haven't anything for them to do and throw in a few ladders for cheap pops" match. That's what it basically is.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Love it also. That match will undoubtedly steal the show.

I just hope they have BNB make a comeback over the next few weeks. He's looking like a complete loser right now. They need to give us at least a slight impression that he can retain (even though he won't). Some bull hammers are due to the other 5 guys.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts