Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
So you don't even have to win the G1 to get a match for the heavyweight title. Just win the IC belt.

Sounds stupid to me. Why try and win the G1 at all then?
For prestige and because this might not happen every year.

Sounds like they’re going to do Ibushi vs. Okada on 4th with Ibushi vs, Naito on 5th, probably for both belts. White can challenge Naito and then face Okada on 5th, with Okada “redeeming” himself in the Dome.

Throw on Tanahashi wrestling Suzuki and Zack Sabre, Jr. on different nights, Ishii vs. KENTA and maybe KENTA vs. Shibata and you’ve got a damn glorious Wrestle Kingdom shaping up. And you haven’t even done anything with Jericho or Moxley yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
At first I thought it was dumb, but it could be cool as a one off thing. Definitely not something to continually repeat however. I do wonder how they plan on separating the belts again since I doubt they are gonna unify the titles if they do go this route.

·
Baby Yoda
29,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Surely the 4 in the mix would be Jay, Naito, Okada and Ibushi?

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Usually these things can come as forced but with the usual suspects such as Naito, White, Okada and Ibushi, it makes sense and perfectly sets up the mini tournament at Wrestle Kingdom. I hope they pull the trigger on it. And with Wrestle Kingdom being over two shows, there is more than enough room for it. The best thing about it is that all four guys have history in someway, meaning that they could interchange the matches to be Okada vs White and Ibushi vs Naito (finishing up that little rivalry) or do Okada vs Ibushi and Naito vs White. Now that's great booking should it happen, of course.

Wrestling World 2000 nostalgia is strong in New Japan. We just need more Murakami matches. Book it, Gedo. :mark

·
Baby Yoda
29,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I'm certain Okada will make it to night 2, it's probably going to be Okada vs Naito.

Although one can dream of Jay beating Naito again and then beating Okada at the Dome AGAIN :banderas

·
A Lord of Cinder
1,411 Posts
idk why, but i can see NJPW shit all over Naito and White and Ibushi by having Okada walk out as Double Champion.

·
Registered
611 Posts
idk why, but i can see NJPW shit all over Naito and White and Ibushi by having Okada walk out as Double Champion.
I will honestly quit watching if they do that until he loses them and I'm a big fan of Okada and am not a Naito mark (although I think he's good.) I can imagine others will do the same, especially huge Naito fans.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I will honestly quit watching if they do that until he loses them and I'm a big fan of Okada and am not a Naito mark (although I think he's good.) I can imagine others will do the same, especially huge Naito fans.
Yeah, I love Okada but that would be too annoying

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Would be nice seeing Ibushi win Night 1 but if they have Naito to win it all....that would be cool for me.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts