Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever been to a live event that turned out to be one of those "I was there" moments? It doesn't have to be a moment that everyone talks about (Foley winning the belt, DX Reformation with Xpac/NAW) just something that seems significant to you. I've only got two that come to mind for me.

WCW 4 Horsemen Revival in Greenville (was real close to home of course I went)
and
Foley's firing from commisioner in 2000, seems important to me. I remember that show i was straight up pissed!

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WM 23...
Kennedy wins MITB place comes unglued...
Undertaker wins place erupts...
Cena v Michaels crazy electric atmosphere...
As Gorilla Monsoon wouldve said "it was a happening" there.
Nothing like Wrestlemania live
That was the last WM I ordered on PPV (I had seen all of them since...12? I think. 95. Whatever number that is)

· Registered
12,896 Posts
I sure wish I had those type of moments!,I've only seen Smackdown TV tapings and Raw/TNA&Luchalibre house shows,Big moments like that for me were mostly all on Smackdown and those would have to be.....

Kurt Angle's face return after an injury in 03 or 04/Mytserio beating Tajiri for the Cruiser weight title in 04/Chavo turning on Eddie during a world tag-title's match after few months of tension between them/Eddie turning on Batista during a tag match.....Few weeks before his death!,Seemed he hit Batista with a chair by accident But then gave a little smirk&wink and he then kept claiming it was an accident while Batista was all confused&pissed after Eddie also turned on the crowd.

And perhaps the biggest for me would be after a TNA's house show!,I got to go into the six-sided ring and take a pic with Kurt Angle.(my fav.current wrestler in the US!)

· Registered
2,775 Posts
June 2002: Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker in a Ladder Match for the Undisputed Title

Sometime around 2006 (I think) a House Show I saw Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair. It was a big deal for me because I had never seen Michaels wrestle live and never thought I'd get the chance to. It was a darn good match too.

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
Wrestlemania 22. I was sitting about half way back in the first elevated level, and I swear when that table was lit on fire, the heat was so strong that Me and my brother were sweating. The crowd reaction was insane, DVD doesnt do it justice.

As was when Shawn did the DX chop on top of the ladder, I was there :p Amazing moment. (for me anyways)

· Premium Member
5,664 Posts
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin gets named special referee for Battle of Billionaires at Wrestlemania 23
2. CM Punk beats Jeff Hardy and forces him to leave WWE (fans reactions were priceless)
3. Wrestlemania 26 (Streak vs Career)

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I was there when HBK won his first championship at WM 12
I was there for the first MITB at WM 21
I was there when CM PUNK defeated Jeff Hardy for the strap in a TLC match at SummerSlam 09
I was there for Bret's returning match and HBK's final match at WM 26

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Big, non-house show events...

1998 Royal Rumble. Austin wins the 'Rumble; Undertaker breaks HBK's back on a casket; "Undertaker's casket is on FIIIRE!!!"

1998 SuperBrawl. Scott Steiner turns on Rick in the most obvious heel turn in history! Sting wins the title, this time for real!

Raw in San Jose two weeks before Wrestlemania XV. Eh, it sucked for the most part but the cuts to Vince McMahon's house where Undertaker was trying to kidnap Stephanie or whatever the hell it was then were unintentionally funny stuff.

Wrestlemania 2000/XVI. Triangle Ladder Match. Triple H in his first Wrestlemania main event. Mick Foley saying goodbye--again! Oh yeah and The Big Show.

Judgment Day 2001... Angle/Benoit!

May 21, 2001 Raw. Triple H & Stone Cold defending the Tag Team Championships against Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. Classic match. Triple H's quad tears. Hugely entertaining show.

Summerslam 2001. Angle/Austin, nuff said.

Raw the night after Summerslam 2001. Mini Booker T, sucka! Kurt Angle's milk truck with milk bath for The Alliance and Stone Cold!

No Way Out 2004. Eddie wins the title! Eddie wins the title! Eddie wins the title!

Wrestlemania 21. Kurt/Shawn. The first MITB. Cena and Batista take their thrones.

The Bash 2009... um... Cena/Miz on PPV for the first time! No, really... Mysterio/Jericho. AWESOME match. Still think it's the Best of 2009 from WWE, and not just because I was there for it.

Raw six nights before Wrestlemania XXVI. Pete Rose returns; HBK's last TV match vs. Kane; Vince telling Bret that he's screwed; Batista as a heel being as epic as ever.

Wrestlemania XXVI. Cena/Batista; Streak vs. Career.

Raw the next night, in the face of severe food poisoning... Brilliant Raw, very touching. Bye, Shawn!

Summerslam 2010. (in deep, evil British accent)... THE NEXUS! (Lose.)

Two Smackdown shows following Summerslam 2010--the Alberto Del Rio Debut Story...

Elimination Chamber 2011. The Raw EC match? I liked it. Also, Lawler/Miz proved to be good, clean fun.

Raw the night after EC '11. Undertaker and Triple H return.

Reactions: Snowman

· Registered
3,216 Posts
The only cool moment I've ever had at a live show was when I at the RAW after WrestleMania 21 in Los Angeles. Couldn't get tix to Mania so I had to settle for RAW. Marked out like crazy when Austin's music hit. I mean fucking MARKED OUT! Caught me by complete surprise as I hadn't watched a full RAW in about 3 years and seriously thought that the APA was going to come out and whip Simon Dean's ass (don't ask, I was THAT out of the loop by this time). Then the Glass broke and I lost my mind like a little kid.

· Registered
266 Posts
I was at WCW Spring Stampede 2000. All the titles had been vacated by Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo, and that was the pay-per-view where new champions were crowned. I was also at a show probably about a year before this where Hulk Hogan faced Ric Flair in the main event, and at one point he pulled flair's trunks down.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Royal Rumble 2011: First 40-Man Royal Rumble Match; Diesel and Booker T return.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.