Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't Coquina Clutch a sleeper hold sort of? It just looks like a lame finisher compared to his Musclebuster, that looks like he just killed someone. I hated it when Dolph Ziggler was using his sleeper hold as a finisher cause that move kind of lost its value a long time back. I think Joe should get a better pinfall finisher if the Musclebuster is banned and the Urinagi seems weak.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
The Coquina Clutch is getting over. It took Balor and Reigns out, it made Lesnar look completely helpless. It's on its way. It's not quite as grandiose as the Muscle Buster, but it does its job. I agree he needs a better pinfall finisher though, well, he doesn't NEED one, but it'd be nice if he had one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I hate the Coquina Clutch for the same reasons I hate the bear hug or chinlock, it just seems like boring. Yeah he doesn't need one, but he should get one in the future. Yep, they are trying to get the move over but yeah, just seems lackluster.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
I like the clutch, wrapping yourself around the guy like an anaconda. But yeah. He needs a pinfall finisher of some kind. I just don't understand why the clutch is considered that dangerous. The bump itself looks like your average suplex back bump. The setup is scary but that's so scary about that bump?

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I like it but the way he's setting it up looks a bit slow.
Here's an example of what I personally prefer at 2:00

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The Muscle-buster almost killed Tyson Kidd & Cesaro came out & said he will refuse to take that move. And there are many others who have such concerns (even if it is safe) & it is hard to execute, lift in the ring & what not ! I do think they can find a better finisher !

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,736 Posts
Like I hate the Coquina Clutch for the same reasons I hate the bear hug or chinlock, it just seems like boring. Yeah he doesn't need one, but he should get one in the future. Yep, they are trying to get the move over but yeah, just seems lackluster.
Doesn't do much for me, either. Think it would look alittle bit better on the eyes if he had some more muscle in his arm rather than flab.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
It's fine :shrug

The MB won't be used on the MR cause of what he did to Tyson :shrug

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's fine :shrug

The MB won't be used on the MR cause of what he did to Tyson :shrug
Yeah, I get why he won't use the Musclebuster. I just don't see him tapping or choking out some wrestlers in ppv matches (John Cena, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar) due to their characters. Coquina Clutch just seems out of place and kind of anti-climactic in some cases, just like Rollins finisher which he used for the second time this week, I think. They are just lackluster. Also a better finishing move for pinfalls would be nice for Joe.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
It's a resthold with a catchy name, that's it. He needs a good finisher like the Muscle Buster, but looks like it's banned by these morons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts