Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They gave the second coming of Barry Horowitz Kidd's gimmick that he made popular on NXT. Too messed up

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
This exact same thread got made when he first debuted and I'll say what I said then, I don't think he cares since he'll never wrestle again. Dude is just lucky to be alive.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Who cares it's shit anyway :shrug

His career is done anyway

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,412 Posts
Kidd is retired so it's not like he's going to use it anymore. Gimmicks often get reused anyway, it's just the way the business is.

·
Premium Member
11,092 Posts
Kidd won't be coming back to use the gimmick anytime soon, if not ever. Plus, gimmicks get recycled all the time.

·
Premium Member
17,318 Posts
He says "fact", and that's it. CM punk did it only a few months before kidd did. No doubt mutiple other wrestlers did it, too.

That's not taking a gimmick. Coming out to organs, rising from the dead in a coffin, using an urn......that would stealing a gimmick.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
People who are saying "gimmicks get recycled all the time", can you give some examples other than Flair - Buddy Rogers? I'm curious myself.
Lex Luger as the American Hero was a cheap copy of Hulk Hogan early 90s American Hero gimmick.

Jack Swagger as Kurt Angle Lite Version, even using the same "´patriot" lock.

In WCW they tried their version of The Ultimate Warrior called The Renegade.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
People who are saying "gimmicks get recycled all the time", can you give some examples other than Flair - Buddy Rogers? I'm curious myself.
Every unamerican foreign heel

There have been a handful of "Indian Chiefs" too

Also it's not really a gimmick but how many tag teams have been called the "blank express" or the "midnight something"? Lol

As for Kidd, bigger fish to fry OP... MUCH bigger fish to fry.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just to pile on. Demolition and The Ascension were a ripoff of The Road Warriors.

Reactions: DoctorWhosawhatsit
1 - 19 of 19 Posts