Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the first WWF/E PPV that I have ever been to, and needless to say that I am really excited about it. In fact it will be the first live wrestling event that I have attended in almost 20 years.

The Hell in a Cell concept has always been my favorite match type so I am hyped about finally getting to see the carnage happen in person.

For any of you that have been to a PPV before, what should I expect?

Do they allow outside food and drinks? How much does a t-shirt usually sell for, as I plan on grabbing the Punk Best shirt and maybe a Triple-H one too.

Also I am thinking about making and taking a sign, any ideas in that department?

Sorry if I sound like a noob mark, again I am just uber-excited about going to my first wrestling PPV.

~
J-Rokk

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
Was in New Orleans for the whole summer, left not too long ago, was devastated when I heard HIAC was there :(

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Dude, I'm pretty jealous of you. I hope you have a good time. Hell in a Cell, you're guaranteed your money's worth right there.

As for your questions:

a) The arena you're in should determine whether you're allowed outside food and drink. I'd say, if the arena sells food and drinks, they won't allow you to bring anything in.

b) Shirts. Well, they were selling the brand new shirts when I went for $50, then other shirts varied from $20-$50. I'm Australian though, so you do the currency exchange.

c) Signs.. There was a Benoit sign at Night of Champions, try to out do that sucker..

·
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate. :)

Yeah as a long time Triple H fan, I have been a mark for about 10 years, I always wanted to see him live one last time before he hangs it up for good. Seeing him in a match that he helped make famous is a dream come true for me.

Damn I was hoping to snag a couple of T's but if they are that steep I don't know if I will be able to get them. Maybe one at least I am hoping.

If I recall correctly, because I bought the ticket a few months ago when they first went on sale, I paid right at $100 for it. I wanted ring side but they were selling for $250+.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Whenever I see the thread title of these types of threads, ie. "I'm going to be at *so and so PPV*", I always read them in a way that makes the thread maker sound like they're announcing it as a selling point for the PPV and a reason to buy it, haha. Just a weird observation of sorts.

I hope they put on a good show and you enjoy yourself man. With so many more kids in most audiences I know it can really kill the atmosphere but I hope there is a good older male demographic there just for atmosphere's sake.

·
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Ha I see your point my man, and it did indeed make me chuckle. Sadly I don't think my star power is epic enough yet to overshadow Cena or Orton on the marque yet.

I will be going with a friend of mine and a couple of his buddies. I too hope that I am not next to a little kid or a Cena fan, but the odds are stacked in favor of just such a thing occurring sadly.

·
I Have Mixed Drinks About Feelings
333 Posts
I'll be there as well. No, you can't bring in any food or drinks. Shirts are $25. The last WWE event held at the arena, they were pretty strict regarding signs. So don't make one that you know will garner too much attention and you'll be ok. I'd recommend getting there no later than 6:00 because the parking situation can be a bit of mess, and the show starts at around 6:40(dark match) and they've never been good about opening doors on time. After all the shows, most of the crew hit up Bourbon St afterwards for a few hours and you'll find a few of them walking around the day of the show as well.

Also, I'll be posting live pics and whatnot via twitter prior, during and after the show. twitter.com/brennanlucia

·
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up down nola (great band btw). I am a little bummed at not seeing Punk vs. HHH 2 in a cell, but Henry/Orton make up for it.

The triple threat should be good as well, so I am not too disappointed.

Maybe I can see HHH roaming around Bourbon street.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was at NOC this past Sunday. Similar situation to you. First event in 15 years, first ever PPV.

Shirts were all 25 bucks except for the event specific one that was $20.

Have a good time man. Should be a fun event to see live.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts