Wrestling Forum banner

I was very disappointed

768 12
The other matches of the night were good but the Royal Rumble match totally sucked. I was expecting the returns of Triple H, Christian and Chris Jericho but instead we see the returns of The Great Khali, Booker T and Diesel. Not that there's anything wrong with Diesel and Booker.

Also, for a 40 man Rumble the participant list totally sucked. Hornswoggle? I mean come on, it's the Rumble match not a comedy segment.

Having Santino and Alberto in the final two completely pissed me off. If Santino had have won I would have flipped shit because he lasted 27 seconds in 2 Rumble matches and he almost won. Wow that's pathetic WWE. Really pathetic.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,950 Posts
Why were you expecting Christian when he's not even fit yet? Why were you expecting Chris Jericho? That's the problem with the IWC, rumors create unrealistic expectations and then people feel let down. I was expecting Bourne to return, but who gives a shit really? It's the Rumble.

Santino was just a "holy shit what if?!" moment they did on purpose. Once again, WHO CARES he was technically the last person eliminated? He didn't do anything, he wasn't put over at all. Just pure entertainment, he obviously wasn't going to win.

· Registered
2,999 Posts
I had a gut feeling that HHH wouldn't come back, kinda counted on Bourne, but didn't care that he wasn't there. Just the surprises were kinda not enough and Kane as 40 is very disapointing.

· Registered
490 Posts
Imo of the 3 last men (not counting Santino) Barret>Del Rio>Orton would have been the better option. Though Del Rio is decent, he is not quite ready IMHO.

Also for one I was very glad that HHH didn't return. We've seen enough of his face and we'll see a lot of him again.

Booker T for me was unexpected like was Nash as they really played down the options of returning...

Hornswoggle was comedy a few times but stupid for the most...

· Registered
6,603 Posts
I find it weird that people get that worked up about a few comedy segments. It's over an hour long, the crowd needs to be kept into it, the workers can't go hell for leather for the entire match, out of necessity there's going to be 'down' parts of the match. It really made no difference, ultimately.

Incidentally, thought that it worked a lot better than last years. There were a lot more sections with many guys in the ring at the same time, which last year seemed to be lacking.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
When I watch the royal Rumble, there's a few things I look for.

Unpredictable winner: You have to admit it was pretty unpredictable because I was saying it would be either Cena or CM Punk winning. I wasn't expecting Alberto Del Rio to win whatsoever. This was the complete opposite of lastI year where I knew Edge was winning, despite the fact he wasn't in advertised to be in the Rumble.

Surprises: Diesel and Booker T was good. I'll admit I think Hornswoggle is okay and is funnier than Santino. I don't hate Khali as much as most here so I didn't mind that.

Lack of Triple H: Yes, he was not on at all. It was awesome.

Christian is still injured I believe. Chris Jericho openly said he wasn't going to be at Rumble. And I don't know why the hell anyone else would even WANT to have Triple H return.

Sorry, you didn't like the Rumble, and I have bad news for you. If this year is like the previous two years, it's all downhill from here buddy. The product will get worse because Rumble is the peak in terms of quality these days.

· Registered
196 Posts
I was disappointed that those 38 other guys got involved in the Daniel Bryan and CM Punk match. What was that all about?!

In all seriousness though, I was disappointed that Hornswoggle was a participant. Why is he still around?

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
I hate how they used Booker T and Diesel for one night only and buried them.
I love it. Especially considering its two men who have a reputation for hating the young talent and love keeping them down.

Still, great blast from the past. I'd love to see them stay for longer. Triple H is right, the WWE is moving too fast. We need more experienced guys in the company.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.