Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when they showed the picture of Brock Lesnar, im not a mark but i thought it was common knowledge that they had almost banned his name from WWE television, thoughts?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
not sure what that is about I know Dana white must be fuming unless there is something I don't know about ...i mean it's prior material so it should be no problem

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I was shocked, but then I was actually kinda pissed that they didn't mention Kurt. I mean, I know TNA is technically competition, even though it's a farce competition, but if you're gonna put RVD in SVR 2011 and plug Lesnar, then you should plug Kurt too. He was one of the biggest guys to win KOTR ever.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Pyro™;9094242 said:
I was shocked, but then I was actually kinda pissed that they didn't mention Kurt. I mean, I know TNA is technically competition, even though it's a farce competition, but if you're gonna put RVD in SVR 2011 and plug Lesnar, then you should plug Kurt too. He was one of the biggest guys to win KOTR ever.
There is no such thing as TNA. That show that comes on Spike TV every Thursday night? Dosen't exist.

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
This.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't see the big deal, i think they also showed a footage when Lesnar superplexed Big Show which caused the ring collapse in 900th Raw episode anniversary and there's no big fuss over that.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
When they mentioned Brock their was an awkward silence for a bit like they were suppose to mention brock won a KOTR and thats it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I agree with everything except the RVD part. I think RVD was planned for the game in late 2009-early 2010. I'm not sure when they lock/decide the roster for wrestling games. Sometimes it can be difficult to take out a character in a game for real life instances.
RVD signed to TNA in March of this year, and THQ or the game makers do the character
models probably late 2009.

To the topic, I was shocked about Lesnar as well but realized they may be negotiating a
deal with Lesnar to come back short term to the WWE for all we know. They have RARELY
shown footage of Kurt in the past iirc. It is hard to deny a superstar the caliber of
Kurt Angle regardless if he is with the competition.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I agree with everything except the RVD part. I think RVD was planned for the game in late 2009-early 2010. I'm not sure when they lock/decide the roster for wrestling games. Sometimes it can be difficult to take out a character in a game for real life instances.
RVD signed to TNA in March of this year, and THQ or the game makers do the character
models probably late 2009.
Well, Daniel Bryan was going to be DLC, but they removed him as soon as he got released, so it can't be THAT hard.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well, Daniel Bryan was going to be DLC, but they removed him as soon as he got released, so it can't be THAT hard.
Well it depends on if Daniel Bryan's model was finished or not. I remember reading
Layla's model needed some work. And also, Daniel Bryan didn't show up until NXT in February/March of this year. Plus he is DLC. DLC is more like last minute/more up to date type stuff anyway. Just a way to include him in the game despite not being one of the
ORIGINAL planned characters.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Probably Vince trying to remind the world where Brock Lesnar got his start from.

Hmm, maybe this.

Also, shocked that they didn't mention Regal. I mean, he was getting a push to the moon after the win in 2008.

Come on now it only takes 3 seconds to say it: "Re-gal"

·
#German
3,783 Posts
Why would they mention Regal? They're trying to make the tournament sound IMPORTANT.
At the time, it was for him. It was part of the massive push he got at that time. I still think he could've been WWE Champion if he didn't screw up.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Why would they mention Regal? They're trying to make the tournament sound IMPORTANT.
Although you may be right, they should mention the LAST KotR winner...
And I know they did on commentary, but some footage would've been cool during that little strip of past KotR winners.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts