Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until they put him back in the Prime Time Players. He was actually a funny/serious kind of heel that was looking to get a push and a build towards the IC title or something similar.

Why pull the plug, he seemed to have a good gimmick, was interesting, good on the mic, and he seemed to improve his ring ability.

Did anyone else think this was strange or are you not fussed? It'd be nice to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
33,570 Posts
I like Titus because he's black like me and his backbreaker into the throw away is nice. But I like him as a tag team guy. Big E is the big black guy that should be a singles wrestler.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
To be fair, Titus had jack shit going for him without DY.

Before reuniting, Titus' last appearance on RAW was in November. This ..... was jobbing to midgets and Puerto Rican matadores.

Bringing PTP back was the best thing that could happen to him. Otherwise, he replaces JTG as the token black that people forget is even on the roster.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
You enjoyed Titus being in a comedy jobber tag team with Heath Slater?

Unfortunately for Titus, his age is going to be a huge factor in his lack of push. The guy has everything else, IMO.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I've never seen titus in a long singles match. he looks decent (for wwe) so he must really give the brass no confidence in his ability to sustain a push.

either that or they're racist

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
When he turned on his partner and attacked him I thought it was great TV. That was the first time I've ever liked him. He had the making of a crazy heel. But they never did anything with him after that.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
How can you gain interest in someone who was doing absolutely nothing and was supposed to tie Santino for the shortest time in the Rumble? I like Titus but my interest was neither here nor there cause he wasn't being used.

·
Registered
33,570 Posts
So you think there should only be one black singles wrestler? :lol You sure you're black?
Lol pretty positive i'm black. But I clearly said "big black" as in black powerhouse. But really seeing as the only difference between Big E and Titus is one has a shitty mohawk, no need for 2 bland black muscle guys not being used right. Same reason idc for Sami Zayn character too many happy go lucky generic white faces.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I like him a lot and put him over on here from time to time. That said I know in the WWE's eyes he will always be a glorified jobber at best. Sucks but it is what it is.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ive always hated him but after seeing his work vs Sami Zayn when he went down to NXT i became a fan. he's booked so bad right now it makes no sense that a guy that big could be booked as such an incompetent bum

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would prefer him used in the Authority as the big strong guy rather than either Kane or Big Show. At least it would be somebody new and fresh to be on TV every week.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
TBZ
5,853 Posts
Dude can talk on the mic, is charismatic and is decently over for a jobber. If pushed properly he could make quite an impact in the WWE. But I gave up hope on him being used seriously a long time ago. And in interviews he comes across as someone who is just grateful to be (a jobber) on the roster and he has no desire to achieve more than he currently has (nothing lel).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Big fan here. At a dark show I attended, some dude said something ignorant and borderline racist to him from the crowd, and Titus spent the entire 6 man tag match heckling the shit out of the neckbeard. He had us all laughing and I've been a big fan ever since.

·
Registered
412 Posts
To be fair, Darren Young and Titus O'Neill are both useless.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
You were gaining interest? How? He was barely even on TV apart from maybe superstars (which isn't watched by many) and when he was, he was jobbing out with Heath Slater to other jobbers. He may have had potential to become a big heel but clearly WWE weren't interested in giving him a chance.

If anything the PTP is great for him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts