Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This would be awesome it would be epic, Wade Barrett and Cm Punk WWE title match Surrvior Series book it. they could have Pipebombs from Barrett, and pipebombs from Punk. The way I would book this match is at Hell in Cell, Punk would have retained his WWE title against Ziggler. After the match you could have Punk say I have beaten Jericho,Bryan,Ziggler,Del Rio and John Cena too keep this title for one year I have beaten everyone one I can. Then you have Punk talk about how he has no else to beat, until Wade Barrett returns and ambushes Punk from the crowd,he beats the crap out of Punk. Then he gets to lower the Hell in a cell, and locks Punk inside the Hell in a cell which ends the PPV. The next couple of weeks we can have Barrett, get the upper hand of Punk by outsmarting him. He would be smart such as ambushing Punk, before Punks matches and sneak attacking him from behind backstage during Punk's interviews. Then on the final week before Surrvior Series, we have a situation where the GM Stone Cold Steve Austin, confronts Barrett and says tonight you have to face your punishment. For the recent actions that Barrett has committed, he puts him in an no dq match with Kane, also he says that title match on Sunday is an falls count anywhere match. During the match with Kane, Punk comes down the ring and he gets his revenge on Barrett. Punk and Barrett end up fighting backstage, where Punk beats the crap out of him and he then Gives Barrett an GTS on an Car. In the falls count anywhere match at the PPV they have a grueling encounter, and they go back to the parking lot like last Monday on Raw when Punk gave Barrett the GTS. However this time when Punk goes for the GTS, Damien Sandow attacks Punk from behind. Sandow causes an distraction which allows Barrett, to give Punk an wasteland on the car the ref counts and Barrett wins the title. This would later build an feud between Sandow and Cm Punk, as Punk would want revenge for Sandow costing him the WWE title. How would you book it yourself ?

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
ok. maybe not the way you want it, but ok.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I think they both would do very well over the mic especially when it comes to saying something that test the waters of kayfabe. Both are former leaders of The Nexus, or The Corre with Barrett having duties over both. It seems like Barrett is the perfect antagonists for CM Punk as well. Wade is very proper while Punk is off the map, and he has connections to Jericho whom Punk knows very well by this point in his career. Jericho, and Barrett could way back to the NXT days. It would actually make perfect sense for them to feud especially with Orton out of action.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Coming out and talking about everyone you've beaten is more of a heelish thing to do but the idea of Barrett vs Punk isnt bad tbh. I'd like for Barrett to talk about how he lead the more successful version of Nexus that would be a kick in the balls to Punk but it wont happen. Still im all for it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Barrett vs. Punk sounds great. They just seem to mesh well together. They have history. Barrett could say that when Punk took ever the Nexus, he was left in the wayside and was never the same since. Punk does an IDGAF type of deal and tension grows into ambushes and arguments outside of the rivalries origin. Boom. Match.

·
Banned
283 Posts
barrett will outwork punk in the ring and and out promo him on the mic

·
Ho!
17,749 Posts
They have history... but knowing WWE they'll ignore it and Barrett will just be generic heel challenge who just talks about "wanting the title" rather than the fact Barrett was forced out of the group he led to success. The feud could be very interesting. The mic work should be phenomenal with half decent material as Punk and Barrett are two of the best mic workers in the company.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what kind of chemistry they have in the ring. Barrett has improved a lot since Nexus and Punk has had a very sick run as champ, but I still wonder if they'll mesh well. On the other hand we could have Barrett/Sheamus. They have great chemistry in the ring and can produce the goods in matches as proven in the past. And Barrett can keep the mic segments afloat as well.

·
Banned
283 Posts
They have history... but knowing WWE they'll ignore it and Barrett will just be generic heel challenge who just talks about "wanting the title" rather than the fact Barrett was forced out of the group he led to success. The feud could be very interesting. The mic work should be phenomenal with half decent material as Punk and Barrett are two of the best mic workers in the company.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what kind of chemistry they have in the ring. Barrett has improved a lot since Nexus and Punk has had a very sick run as champ, but I still wonder if they'll mesh well. On the other hand we could have Barrett/Sheamus. They have great chemistry in the ring and can produce the goods in matches as proven in the past. And Barrett can keep the mic segments afloat as well.
sheamus does sound good but cm punk would be better because while barrett/sheamus do have good in ring chemistry the mic segments would be quite boring with only barrett being able to carry the feud via being able to cut a promo where as sheamus is still mediocre at best on the mic, and punk will be able to fire back and cut a decent promo vs barrett it would just be a more interesting feud

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
I would've book the feud AFTER the fallout of NexSES. Start it with Barrett mocking Punk's leadership skills and vice versa. Unfortunately, that'd only be an upper midcard feud, no major title exchange at the finale.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I believe a Barrett/Punk feud would be good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Punk and Barrett end up fighting backstage, where Punk beats the crap out of him and he then Gives Barrett an GTS on an Car.

lol this made me laugh.

anyway, yeah i think this would be a decent feud. im actually looking forward to Barrett returning later this year so we have at least one credible main event heel on the roster.

·
Registered
581 Posts
WWE's priority over the summer will be the HHH/Lesnar feud so giving Punk and Barrett free reign to work a great feud to keep the WWE title relevant would be awesome.

But knowing WWE the most Barrett will get on his return is to job to Sheamus.

·
Here To Show The World.
2,335 Posts
Wade Barrett wasn't ready for the title while he was in Nexus, he wasn't ready for the title before he got injured and he wont be reading for the title when he returns, if you think the WWE are going to put Barrett anywhere near the title then you are nothing short of delusional. Oh and one last thing, the WWE are right to have him no where near the title because he has a long way to go character wise and ring skill wise before he can put on a main event style title match.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Even though the matches would be outstandingly average, Punk at the moment seems to be running out of challengers, so maybe a feud with Barrett would be fresh and interesting.

We all have to accept though that Barrett will be returning and WWE won't hesitate to throw him in a feud with Sheamus. I bet they can't fucking wait. That feud pretty much writes itself, which is perfect for WWE creative.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Yes me too. Two of my favourite guys in WWE, great on the mic, good in ring, would be an entertaining feud. Your booking is like SmackDown vs Raw 2008 though.

I'd have Barrett come back and win MiTB and win it and cash it in on Punk at Summerslam.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Not sure I would want it go down the way you posted OP but I would definitely be in favor of a Punk/Barrett feud.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts