Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh gotta love Mae Young. She got the biggest pop of the night for simply saying "sluts". Is this a sign that the WWE audience DOES want an edgier product?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The audience? or the officials?

Most of the audience (except for most kids and most moms) have been wanting an edgier product for a looooooooong time. some of the officials have been wanting an edgier product for sometime as well. It's a matter of finding a balance so they can please both crowds, I think. Also, they have to keep their sponsors in mind. Some sponsors might not find some of the "edgier" stuff to be good to promote.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Well Bearer said bastards, Cena cursed during his speech, Henry was called sexual chocolate Edge has said jackass, and crap/damn has been said multiple times all in this month so it looks like swears are beginning to come back

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most of 2009 and 2010 WWE seemed almost G rated it was pretty bad but they are starting to allow more stuff. The attitude era while awesome was a lil too edgy at times. They need to find a good balance in the middle and things will start to get better.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
As long as we don't hit Katie Vick territory, I'm game.

But I think the "PG era" as it's become known, was truly broken by Cena this week.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Well Bearer said bastards, Cena cursed during his speech, Henry was called sexual chocolate Edge has said jackass, and crap/damn has been said multiple times all in this month so it looks like swears are beginning to come back
]

Well Bearer is a holy man, Bastards in the sense that you were born via sexual encounters not in wedlock :D therefore it isn't exactly a swear word.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Is saying "sluts" really enough to bring PG into question in America?
Maybe not in America.

But considering that WWE has suspended someone over a tie choke, has no blood allowed, etc. then for the "WWE Universe" should bring Pg into question.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Hopefully WWE becomes a little more adult oriented because after growing up a little some of the things they do become a little painful to watch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts