Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I have been thinking about it a lot lately and there is potential to build one of wrestling's greatest characters of all time here.

I'll start off by saying that I don't think the WWE should (nor would have permission to) 100% copy the Joker character. I would want them to take the core of what the Joker stands for and build a brand new character on top of it. What does that mean? Well in the movies, more specifically The Dark Knight, the Joker is someone who doesn't want anything from anybody and cannot be bought. All he wants to do is create chaos, destroy everything in his path, and make everyone suffer. He is unbalanced, psychotic, a mastermind, and completely unpredictable. Now tell me how that wouldn't make for an amazing wrestling gimmick if done properly?

In order to try to be as original as possible, I think they would need to do some things a little different than the Joker. When it comes to promos, I think a style similar to Mankind and Goldust with the crazy laugh would work. For appearance, I would not do the green hair and suit, but I think the facepaint could still work, maybe create a specific trademark facepaint design totally different than the Joker and brand it and use it all the time. Basically, changing up the appearance aspect of the character as much as possible would be the best way to avoid a copycat.

Finally, what kind of things could this character do? The possibilities are endless. First of all, I think the conventional slow-rise to the top wouldn't work here. This guy would have to come in and take the promotion by storm right away. He could feud with one of the more popular babyfaces and force that person to act as sadistic as him in order to beat him. He could say in his promos that no one is as good as they claim to be. If this character found himself in a World title match, he could make it clear that he doesn't care about winning the World title, he just wants to end [insert current champ]'s career. If he won the World title, he could set it on fire and force the promotion to have no official title for a while. Then he could start feuding with Vince (or the GM) and try to destroy the company or the weekly show. Ultimately, this guy would just be the most badass heel in the history of wrestling. A rebel without a cause. He'd be like a one-man nWo or Nexus in the sense that everyone (faces, heels, management) would want to take him out.

Like I said, I don't want to copy the Joker totally. I would try to make as many changes to the character as possible without losing the original idea. I would also hope that the wrestler playing this character would develop it enough so that after a while no one would even compare him to the Joker right away.

I definitely think if done correctly, this could be awesome. Right now, if TNA could get their shit together, it would likely work better there because they do not have as many limitations, but WWE could probably pull it off as well.

Tell me your thoughts!

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Well, yeah. Doink pretty much was the Joker. Dude was scary and crazy as fuck when he first showed up.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
hardy is trying.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yeah, Doink's pretty much what you're describing, OP.

Jeff Hardy's new heel persona has its similarities, sorta.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Jeff Hardy tried in 2008. was that 2008?
anyway, it was fucking stupid.

Joker couldn't really fight either. not really a physical guy, The Joker.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
has Doink ever got dressed as a Wet Nurse, like The Joker did in "The Dark Knight".

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
unfortunately the closest we'll probably get is Jeff Hardy

·
Registered
202 Posts
alex riley could change his gimmick to the joker, he has the mic skills to pull it off, plus he's pretty much a joke right now.. just saying..

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alex riley could change his gimmick to the joker, he has the mic skills to pull it off, plus he's pretty much a joke right now.. just saying..
Yeah I could see that, if he grew his hair out a bit.

How cool would it be if one night, we're watching the same ol' Cena vs. Orton on RAW (or something) and all of a sudden this strange music starts playing and the guy with the Joker gimmick is lowered from the rafters on some kind of platform. He'd just be sitting on the platform chuckling. He would then reveal that he has some kind of hose that sprays a weird green liquid all over both of them. He could also be with a couple jobbers wearing facepaint who jump off the platform and put explosives on each corner of the ring, then they are pulled back up into the rafters, Cena and Orton are standing there, all confused and covered in green shit, we hear a tick tock sound over the speakers and then BAM pyro on the four corners and ring collapses to the ground. Show goes off the air with insane laugh echoing throughout the arena. Most epic debut ever.

I forgot that this character could round-up and brainwash all the jobbers on the roster, similar to how Joker brainwashes people who hate themselves and makes them do his bidding.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
yeah and maybe brian kendrick if he would turn heel.
now that would be awesome, also he wouldn't have to rely on pre-taped backstage promos

1 - 20 of 24 Posts