Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
he might have just been referring to the name "swanton bomb" because they want to rename the move like they with the Twist of Hate

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
that would mean he would have to learn how to wrestle so i guess the swanton stays
Leaving the hate aside there's alot of truth here. Most of his moveset is 100% face so some of it needs to go but ditching everything would leave him far too limited. For that reason he needs to have the Swanton in his arsenal but I suspect we won't see Whisper In The Wind any time soon. I wouldn't mind seeing him bring back the Reverse Twist Of Fate which he was using towards the end of his first WWE run, it always looked more heelish than the standard version and doesn't have the same association with his past.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaving the hate aside there's alot of truth here. Most of his moveset is 100% face so some of it needs to go but ditching everything would leave him far too limited. For that reason he needs to have the Swanton in his arsenal but I suspect we won't see Whisper In The Wind any time soon. I wouldn't mind seeing him bring back the Reverse Twist Of Fate which he was using towards the end of his first WWE run, it always looked more heelish than the standard version and doesn't have the same association with his past.
A "Twist of Hate" should be The Twist of Fate Matt Hardy did at Wrestlemania 25 with Jeffs head in between a chair. the "Hate" part would also make sense since Matt did the move out of hate towards his brother.

·
Registered
934 Posts
A "Twist of Hate" should be The Twist of Fate Matt Hardy did at Wrestlemania 25 with Jeffs head in between a chair. the "Hate" part would also make sense since Matt did the move out of hate towards his brother.
yeah but matt hardy is also fat and terrible at wrestling/life

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
That's difficult to work into a match though. It works under no-DQ rules, after a ref bump or in a run-in but they can't do that all of the time. He needs a new finish than can be done all the time and the Reverse Twist Of Fate can.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's difficult to work into a match though. It works under no-DQ rules, after a ref bump or in a run-in but they can't do that all of the time. He needs a new finish than can be done all the time and the Reverse Twist Of Fate can.
Well he should just "Heel it up" everytime. Or Maybe he could use it every now and then like how heel Randy use to use the Punt to put people on the sidelines and what not.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well its OK for him to do it, as long as there's hate in his heart when he does it.
I realize you're joking, but this really does bother me. I've never like Hardy, but the heel turn is significant enough for me to give him another chance. Part of making a significant heel turn is changing your in-ring character, and you can excuse it as "He's a liar" all you want. But if he's too lazy to make an effort to be a heel in the ring, then the "hate in my heart" is right back there for him. Especially from the Reaction segments it seems like he was really trying to actually have pathos for once, and shit like this just throws that all away.

I admit that I want to dislike him, but if at all possible I want to enjoy disliking him. And I swear if if comes to the point where he starts doing his fucking rave dancing again there's no way I can like anything about him.

To put it another way, I was hoping for this turn to be significant enough that WWE would be forced to acknowledge the character when he returns (I don't usually watch, but I'm saying that as a reference point for those who do. Similar to "Hollywood" Hogan). It's an overreaction at this point, but shit like this makes it look like he just considers this a bump in the road for the overall Hardy Party.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lol at the OP clutching at straws to paint TNA in a bad light.
If anything, I want to like TNA. They have so much more quality talent than WWE that I'm willing to overlook alot of the bullshit. But as someone struggling to accept Hardy as the face of the organization, this also stood out to me as a big misstep. It has nothing to do with "hating" TNA, but perhaps alot to do with questioning Hardy's dedication to TNA. Supposedly he's creating this new persona on his own (and that's one of TNA's advantages in that they seemingly allow much more individual input), but shit like this makes him look lazy.

Edit: I'm not the OP, obviously, and don't know his intentions. But I agree with his thought and am continuing the discussion with my opinions. If the OP is a troll, he's irritating but he's hit on something that seems to be a potential problem.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Agreed. I don't think it's great for a heel to be using that move, especially as it was so over during his career as a heel.

However, I may change my mind if it was given a new, good evil sounding moniker. I really like "Twist of Hate". Also agree that more use of the Reverse Twist of Fate/Hate would be welcome.

·
Registered
858 Posts
He did a pretty good heel style wrestling move set at TP. All he did was whisper in the wind. Has he done the swanton in an official match, yet?

we did at Turning Point.
no Swanton

1 - 20 of 36 Posts