Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When he was the first to interupt Kane I thought that was the begining of his title, but I was just jumping to conclusion again LOL. ADR is so impressive in the ring but his promos need a bit and I do mean just a bit more umph what do you guys think.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Then you're crazy. Heels have confrontations with other heels. Nexus and Sheamus, Miz and Sheamus, Kane and Sheamus, JBL and Triple H, Jericho and Swagger, etc. It happens. Vince McMahon is not stupid. Turning a guy face who's only been on the roster for 3 months is damn stupid, let alone a guy who's been established as a vicious heel who happily injures people.

Don't see anything wrong with his promos either. He's acting perfectly.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
This is still not as fpalm worthy as the "is Randy Orton a heel now?" thread after he RKO'd Evan Bourne. Believe it or not, one single action does not indicate a turn.

Besides, the more morally gray the characters are, the better.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
This is still not as fpalm worthy as the "is Randy Orton a heel now?" thread after he RKO'd Evan Bourne. Believe it or not, one single action does not indicate a turn.

Thats really to an extent. TNA is proof of that. Unless of course you love the every 2-3 month heel/face turns

Anyway I don't feel OP is right when he says that Alberto needs more umph. I think hes doing just fine and on the right track. Just give it more time hell get there.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Yeah while Faces usually get along eith each others fine Heels are the opposite since they're pretty much selfish, cowardly and untrustworthy msot of the time, jsut like in movies/cartoons/books/etc.

I agree, it makes a Wrestler's character less one dimensional and more relatable.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

Agreed to an extent though, it all depends on what the action is and who the character involved is...an example? Well lets say John cena tags with rey mysterio and mid match turns on rey and suddenly adsolutly destroys and savagly beats him down "taking him out of action" and then afterward proclaim that he's fed up with nagging children and their useless parents always expecting him to give a crap about them, he loathes and despises these people who cheer him because they think they know him, because they think they know this industry and that he wouldn't be the slightest but concerned if he never saw any of their faces again, the only "reason" that he ever "embraced" them was because they made him rich by buying his merch and now that he has milked them enough up to the point that he doesn't need to worry about money ever again, his only goal in life is to win championships and retire people prematurly...

Okay that might not be a "single action", but you get what i'm trying to say

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
It did seem as though he was going to turn face. Also the crowd looked as though they were cheering. Then again Kane was getting some bad ass heat from the crowd and anyone who came out to interupt him would have gotten a cheer.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
When he was the first to interupt Kane I thought that was the begining of his title, but I was just jumping to conclusion again LOL. ADR is so impressive in the ring but his promos need a bit and I do mean just a bit more umph what do you guys think.
You're saying Alberto's promos need more umph yet you're a Swagger fan :hmm:

Turning Alberto face would be a very idiotic move on WWE's part. They aren't that stupid.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think Del Rio is great at the scripted stuff and mannerisms but needs to work on his off-the-cuff stuff quite a lot. Really starts to stumble whenever he has to think on his feet.

Other than that though he's great in the ring, has a great character and has made a really impressive introduction to the WWE. No problem buying him in the upper mid-card immediately.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
turning ADR face now would acheive nothing and would make any progress he's made as a heel useless

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Del Rio's opening promo line is incredible. 'My name is Alberto Del Rio, but you... You already know that'. He's still new to the company, and it ensures everyone who only watches every now and then, new fans and those who only go to live shows know who he is instantly. At the same time, he also puts over his arrogant character, and makes him sound like a big deal. It's simplicity is its genius.

As for turning him face now, well, that just would not end well for him as a character.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never said turn him face I said I thought he was turning face. Concidering all the talk I heard about him entering the title hunt I just thought something was going to happen at that moment but I just jumped to conclusion. And yes I am a swagger fan all the way because his promo are actually at the moment better then ADR. But I would never take anything away from ADR anytime he may be a newbie but he learns fast so yeah.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love heel on heel interactions. Wish WWE would do them more often. Sometimes the crowd is baffled by heels interacting but it's interesting and fresh if written correctly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just like Dashing Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio grows on me week after week...The theme, the cars the arrogant entrance i love it. he's definately gonna be around for a long time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts