Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about the worst storylines, I mean like the ones that were supposed to be taken seriously
This is the one
I mean Eddie's malice and acting is really great in it and Rey's sorrow is great too
And the feud is good too but the entire thing is just absurd
Custody of a kid up for grabs in a Ladder match :lmao

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Hardly the worst storyline ever. We got some great matches and real sick intensity from Eddie. The plot was retarded and WWE creative could have done better, but these things happen.

Trust me, we have had faaaaaaaaaaar dumber storylines. I mean hell, Jericho once feuded with Kane over a cup of coffee.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hardly the worst storyline ever. We got some great matches and real sick intensity from Eddie. The plot was retarded and WWE creative could have done better, but these things happen.

Trust me, we have had faaaaaaaaaaar dumber storylines. I mean hell, Jericho once feuded with Kane over a cup of coffee.
yeah I remember that but I mean that makes more sense than this
I mean I understand, Kane got mad and he wanted to kick his ass so they fought

But a Ladder match over the custody of a kid?

Oh and replying to the bold, that is correct, Great matches and great intensity from Eddie
I don't think they could've done any better, it was stupid to begin with and I think the execution of the story was ok, it was the idea that was stupid

·
Registered
113 Posts
no i see the OPs point. it's not like this is the most stupid storyline ever, or the storyline that made the least sense. you have plenty storylines that are much worse than this, but are just something to watch before you get excited about the "real shit". this was meant to be the "real shit" and it was two guys having a ladder match for custody of a kid. it wasn't supposed to be throw-away and the nature of the story made it so.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The Eddie vs. Rey feud with the DOminick crap was a recycling of an old ECW feud. Eddie was still brilliant as a heel and their macthes were great.

There were far worse storylines, May 19th, Katie Vick...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Oh come on. This is one of those things in pro wrestling that's so stupid that it's funny. I loved this storyline. I even remember watching when Dominick said "It is true Dad. Is it really true?".

I think there have been far worse storylines.

In terms of just being bad and so stupid that's it's just moronic, I would say every guest host segment and Santino Marella/Tamina stuff are worse than this feud because those are just awful and not funny in anyway.

I do agree with The Sheikuation. Putting god in a wrestling match was worse too.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Oh come on. This is one of those things in pro wrestling that's so stupid that it's funny. I loved this storyline. I even remember watching when Dominick said "It is true Dad. Is it really true?".

I think there have been far worse storylines.

In terms of just being bad and so stupid that's it's just moronic, I would say every guest host segment and Santino Marella/Tamina stuff are worse than this feud because those are just awful and not funny in anyway.

I do agree with The Sheikuation. Putting god in a wrestling match was worse too.
But in that case, whether you believe in God or not, he/she/it wasn't in the match, it was just McMahon mocking HBK's faith and I found it pretty entertaining, especially that church segment :lmao. But I'm an Atheist, a significant number of other people probably got offended by it.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Good enough point. I suppose that feud did make more sense.

But trust me, we have had stupider storylines. Like that time Big Boss Man stole Al Snows dog and fed it to him, setting up the Kennel in a Cell match!

Ah, what a classic.

Or, how about every single Kane feud for the last 12 years? Some how they keep getting dumber and dumber.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
But in that case, whether you believe in God or not, he/she/it wasn't in the match, it was just McMahon mocking HBK's faith and I found it pretty entertaining, especially that church segment :lmao. But I'm an Atheist, a significant number of other people probably got offended by it.
Hell I wasn't offend by it and I'm a strong believer in god. When you start to be offend by things in wrestling or pretty much on tv in general(unless maybe its news you know stuff that isn't suppose to be for us to laugh at) then you pretty much need to just stop watching.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hey there OP, have ya taken a look at SmackDown's Kane & Edge feud lately?

:p

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Hell I wasn't offend by it and I'm a strong believer in god. When you start to be offend by things in wrestling or pretty much on tv in general(unless maybe its news you know stuff that isn't suppose to be for us to laugh at) then you pretty much need to just stop watching.
Yeah the WWE meant no harm with that angle, the only tasteless thing they ever did regarding religion was Orton telling Rey that Eddie was in hell, not only that was cheap heat but Eddie died less than two months at the time. In fact, the whole exploitation of Eddie Guerrero's death was pretty disrespectful.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts